Sign in to follow this  

going to look at a wr250f

So tommorrow, I'm going to look at a 03 wr250f that i'm thinking about buying. Is there anything I should take a really good look at?

Is 500 miles on it alot?

500 miles of what?

500 miles of gentle backyard figure eights by a father shepherding his 2 young kids on their PW50's?

500 miles of joe-average trail riding?

500 miles during the Reno-to-Vegas off road race?

500 miles of AA level enduro riding?

so the answer ranges from "it's just broken in" to "holy crap, that thing is still running?".

and, it depends on what was done during that interval; all 500 miles on one oil change would be a definite downer no matter what the riding was like.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

500 miles of what?

so the answer ranges from "it's just broken in" to "holy crap, that thing is still running?".

LOL! Wolfpack and I did nearly 75 miles our first day... my first day on 2 wheels (and I kept the wheels DOWN!) 😢

500 miles of what?

500 miles of gentle backyard figure eights by a father shepherding his 2 young kids on their PW50's?

500 miles during the Reno-to-Vegas off road race?

500 miles of AA level enduro riding?

and, it depends on what was done during that interval; all 500 miles on one oil change would be a definite downer no matter what the riding was like.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

Hey- my 72 DKW went 526 miles in the 98 Vegas to Reno. Finished 18 hrs 26 min-didnt even change the K&N filter.Made for a looong day!