Sign in to follow this  

girl gear that's not quite so girly

where can i find riding apparel and other items for women, but that aren't super femme. don't get me wrong, i like being a girl, but it'd be nice to have more options for gear. not just powder pink or baby blue...am i not looking hard enough?? the stores all seem to carry very few female items and on that note, they're normally XXS or XXL...ya see the problem is, i'm in between those sizes. my BF said to buy youth clothes since i am so small, but i'm not sure they'll fit me quite right since i have the whole hip/butt thing going on...where do you other women out there get your gear?? 😢

where can i find riding apparel and other items for women, but that aren't super femme. don't get me wrong, i like being a girl, but it'd be nice to have more options for gear. not just powder pink or baby blue...am i not looking hard enough?? the stores all seem to carry very few female items and on that note, they're normally XXS or XXL...ya see the problem is, i'm in between those sizes. my BF said to buy youth clothes since i am so small, but i'm not sure they'll fit me quite right since i have the whole hip/butt thing going on...where do you other women out there get your gear?? 😢

I wear guys gear and it fits good enough for me and definitly more choices.

By tomorrow you will have plenty advice about your question.

😢

Here are some places you can buy womens gear:

GMO1.com, motosportoutlet.com

Good Luck! 😢

I wear Answer gear. It fits pretty good....but not great. I'm getting Moose Sahara pants for Christmas. I tried them on in the store and they fit a 'female frame' pretty good.....I'm curvy. They have an adjustable waist. As far as size conversion without trying them on? Hmmmm.....not sure. I wear an 8 women's and the 28 men's fit me great. I wear a 28 in Answer, too. The small jersey is boxy, but it'll do. What size are you?

Thor makes some womens gear and also Fox has a bunch of new sets for women. I just wear mens gear because I couldn't stand the pastels.

MSR has some black/gray women's gear that fits me nicely. I might want to venture into some other colors though soon.

By the way, does anyone know if the Fox 360 pants from a couple of years ago run true to size or run a little large. I saw a pair on closeout that would match perfectly with a lone jersey I have but they'd be too small unless they run a size larger. Thanks!

check out the gear rockymountainmc.com has from fox and few others. the new fox stuff is pretty non-girly. at least my girlfriend thought it wasn't froofy enough for her when i was fishing for xmas ideas. she really is only interested in the pink and powder-puff-blue barbie look. 😢 . what do you expect, she rides in a thong too, 30 miles worth of desert race course today.

i'm sure no one cares what i think, but some of those freestyle (outside the boot) pants might also work. some of them have belt loops so you can get a size big enough to allow for nice feminine curves, but still cinch it snug around a small waist.

-mark

I haven't seen THOSE, but I did try on a pair of the purple hyacinth 😢 and they were dead spot on in size. I wear an 8 in say....Levi's and the fox girls 360's in 8 fit awesome. curvy in the hips and a smaller waist than the men's 28's. I just couldn't handle the colors, as I've said before. I prefer looking like my boys and my bike.......red/black/white/gray.

Ah, well, I definitely need the larger in the waist attributes so I'll guess I'll pass on those. Too bad, they would have been a perfect match. 😢 At least that blue is a good blue. The picture doesn't do it justice and matches perfectly with my beautiful blue eyes 😢 (ha, inside family joke related to a nerdy date I went on) . Thanks for the help!

I wear Answer gear. It fits pretty good....but not great. I'm getting Moose Sahara pants for Christmas. I tried them on in the store and they fit a 'female frame' pretty good.....I'm curvy. They have an adjustable waist. As far as size conversion without trying them on? Hmmmm.....not sure. I wear an 8 women's and the 28 men's fit me great. I wear a 28 in Answer, too. The small jersey is boxy, but it'll do. What size are you?

Hey Croaker if you want Sahara gear in mens 28 pants and jersey, red and white and brand new please let me know. I'm staring at it here in my home office. My now ex purchased it through his dealership directly from Moose and because I purchased at cost and am no longer dating him ~ am having a hard time returning them. Have tags attached and never worn. Tried them on and they are way too big for me. I'm a size 2-4 in women wear.

Awesome gear btw ~ fully vented in the back of the jersey and the pants are red/black/grey. Nice looking ~ but they don't make them in my size.

I'd be happy to sell them to anyone here at cost ~ which I believe was around 80.00 for both. PM me if you are interested. I just had to go down to my local shop today and purchase a pair of the Fox girls pants in that black/blue print with a matching kid's jersey. Only thing that would fit damnit!

Carrie aka Diceygirl

Dicey....I'm all over that! I love the way the Sahara's fit me.....and so does xrDan. ;)Can you hang on until after Christmas? Is the jersey a small?

Actually the jersey is a medium but I would think the small may be too small for most. I'd probably keep the medium for myself and i'm 5'4" and around 104

However I am going to have to order the youth size and they don't make the youth pants or jersey in red/white ~ I am going to have to go with the black/grey. So I have no need for the medium jersey

Let me know

I'm going to take a pic of them for ya

Carrie

Hmmm.....I tried on the medium jersey and it was boxy/baggy (and I'm a little....well endowed). I like them to 'fit' a little better, but I could deal with it. Pics would be cool! Thanks!

Answer makes chick gear in blue and yellow that doesn't look too bad. Fox also offers theirs in a plain dark navy blue, or black in an over-the-boot style. www.motorsport-outlet.com also has blue and white Acerbis women's gear on super duper closeout and I highly recommend that. I have last year's MSR gear in black/gray and really like it too.

But, for more options in colors, gotta go with men's gear. Size 28 in pants is about as small as most companies make their adult gear; give that a try.

Hmmm.....I tried on the medium jersey and it was boxy/baggy (and I'm a little....well endowed). I like them to 'fit' a little better, but I could deal with it. Pics would be cool! Thanks!

I am not in a hurry to sell so take your time girl! and if you just want the pants w/out the top I'm okay as well

Hey Firecracker, how much do you want for those pants? I just lost 20lbs and now my gear doesn't fit. I'm pretty sure I'll gain it back though so I've been debating new gear?

I've always worn guys gear because I don't like the girls colors. Also, I guess I'm not very curvy so something big in hips and small in waist won't fit me right.

I'm not super curvy either. The butt and thighs fit fine, but for some reason the zipper won't go all the way up. 😢 haha They have cool adjustments on the sides instead of at the buckles. I bought a new pair in a larger size I liked them so much.

They're in decent shape, I don't know, how much do you want to pay for them? Make an offer.

These are the best pics I have of them: http://216.165.194.66/ktmtalk/photogallery/galleries/members/MXrace1.jpg

http://216.165.194.66/ktmtalk/photogallery/galleries/members/mixer1.jpg