Sign in to follow this  

drz400e or wr450f

I have going to be buying new dirt bike in the next week or two and have narrowed the choice between the DR and WR. Does anybody have direct experience with these two? I am not going to race... trail and some desert riding. I'm 6' 225 and am a decent rider with alot of street bike experience and a fair amount of off road. Need some advice. Is the engine of the Wr that much better? What about the suspension?

Thanks for any help

Ive got a WR 450, and I love it. I ride tight trails in the northeast, which is a bit different from ur area. But I think you would enjoy the WR. I think its going to come down to what type of performance you want from the machine. The WR is a more capable bike in my mind. Dont get me wrong, the DRZ is a nice bike too, but a little more aftermarket stuff would need to be added to bring it up to the WR performance level. Just do some research and read posts about both bikes and make ur decsion. Good luck, I dont think you would go wrong with either. cya Stinson

i think both bikes blow, but for what it's worth the WR will weigh a little less, make more HP (lots more once uncorked), and have better suspension.

jeremiah

I thought the WR felt heavier and uncomfortable. It may make more power but with the price difference you can put aftermarket parts on the DRZ which really benifit it. I would say get the DRZ I found it to be more comfortable and all around better bike although I have never ridden one anywhere near stock so I don't know how a stock one is but I still think the DRZ.

I own a DRZ. I don't ride it anymore. Knowing what I know now, if I had to choose between the WR and DRZ I would go with the yami.

I own a WR426, but if you were going to be doing any regular street riding/commuting at all, I would go the DRZ. If it's almost exclusively off-road, buy the blue 450 😢

I've got a green DRZ, had it about a year, a friend just got a WR450, night and day difference. Only reason I could see to go with a DRZ is if you're going to spend some (or a lot) of time on the road otherwise you've got to get the WR. I don't ride my DRZ on the trails too much anymore, it's just more work than the KTM but I would ride the WR in the woods, good bike.

Well I currently own a '02 DR-Ze and I came off a '00 WR400, personally for me the choice is clear. The DR-Z is the one I would choose again, b/c I do plan to do a little commuting on my bike and the WR was not cut out for that. Now as far as suspension is concerned, for a novice you'd never know the difference at least I can't tell that much (then again my suspension has been resprung and revalved by racetech). I am however faster on my Zuki due to the better eurgonomics and it's not quite as tall. As far as power, well I think my Zuki would have pulled away from my WR but not a newer 450. It comes down to a couple things I think, first: What do you plan on doing with the bike? Second: Which one is most comfortable to you? The weight issue that everyone brings up is just gay. Sure the WR saves you 15lbs, but it's also top heavy so the benifit is almost moot.