Sign in to follow this  

Burned- what torque wrench setup do you use for cam bolts.

I tryed to use a torque wrench today on my cam journal bolts but couldn't fit the wrench and allen socket between the frame and bolts and an extention and universal wouldn't work ether. 😢😢 A Pic of what you use would be great!

the problem is the wrench your using is way to big.not to mention its probably not accurate at that low of a setting.unless you have a quality 1/4 drive wrench your way better off just snugging the down by hand.

i use one of these.i only go to 72 inch pounds to prevent distortion.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=55256&group_ID=953&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

and i just got this in 3/8 drive.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=68407&group_ID=17510&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

the problem is the wrench your using is way to big.not to mention its probably not accurate at that low of a setting.unless you have a quality 1/4 drive wrench your way better off just snugging the down by hand.

i use one of these.i only go to 72 inch pounds to prevent distortion.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=55256&group_ID=953&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

and i just got this in 3/8 drive.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=68407&group_ID=17510&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

Damn burned,,,800 smackers for a torque wrench,,,OUCH 😢😢

not when i make my living with it. 😢

thats list price the cash price on the snap on truck is suprisingly cheaper.

I can't believe it. A SnapOn torque wrench for less than $300!

Eddie, does your new one have CYA anywhere in the part/model # 😢

Damn I like that smaller one I but for $200 bucks I don't think I need it. I was expecting more like $100. I definately don't think I could ever pay $800 for one. I guess I will keep using my Craftsman one.

Nothing wrong with the craftsman for once and awhile home use,, and guesstimating tq,, BUT nothing craftsman sells will come close to doing what that 1/4 In-LB snap-on wrench will.

In another life, I had a large amount of snap on tools,, but at $35K worth I still had the smallest setup in the shop 😢

I still have some of those tools, and buy more every month, plus have craftsman, Matco and MAC

the problem is the wrench your using is way to big.not to mention its probably not accurate at that low of a setting.unless you have a quality 1/4 drive wrench your way better off just snugging the down by hand. Your right it is,...its probably not,.... and thats what I did. Thanks

Yeah I don't use my torque wrench all that often. I used it when Installing the trailer hitch on my car and have used it a few other times maybe once or twice on my bike but haven't needed it too much.

Sometimes I wonder about the price of Snap on tools. I have many not so popular tools witch I have seriously abused over the years and they held up very well. Personally I don't see paying the extra money for tools that have a better shine.

Burned one of the few times I will disagree with you not because snap-on isn't the best they are. Every National Guardman that works for Sears continues to make at least as much as they were making while working for them. Not only that but they keep the whole family on the insurance while the person is serving overseas. I know how much your tools mean to you Eddie but I'm going Craftsman this time around. While I'm at it why don't more companies take care of their guard and reseves like Sears does. I don't get to political to often but I am 100% for our soldiers, Sears seems to be too! prairiedawg 😢😢😢

Sometimes I wonder about the price of Snap on tools. I have many not so popular tools witch I have seriously abused over the years and they held up very well. Personally I don't see paying the extra money for tools that have a better shine.

what ever floats your boat.ive been down the non shine road.im a professional.i dont have room or time for doubting my tools.the original 3/8 drive clicker tq wrench i had got used day in and out for 15 years and never once was out of calibration.i expect nothing less form my new one.

ive seen more stripped and broken bolts from using junk(yes crafstman included) tq wrenches than anything. 😢

are there other good tq wrenches out there?you bet!will use one i dont trust.not on a bet.

Burned one of the few times I will disagree with you not because snap-on isn't the best they are. Every National Guardman that works for Sears continues to make at least as much as they were making while working for them. Not only that but they keep the whole family on the insurance while the person is serving overseas. I know how much your tools mean to you Eddie but I'm going Craftsman this time around. While I'm at it why don't more companies take care of their guard and reseves like Sears does. I don't get to political to often but I am 100% for our soldiers, Sears seems to be too! prairiedawg 😢😢😢

I know its off topic but I work for SBC and the company continues full pay and benies for the Guard and Reserve when called to active duty as well. Too bad all companies dont.

I paid a visit to the Snap on truck that comes to my workplace every week

and I found a nifty little 1/4 ratchet that cought my attention. After playing with this brand new $55 rathchet I noticed that it would only turn one way.

This was a brand new tool!

I don't want to cause a major debate over this but it seems that Snap on is not as perfect as they claim to be!

so you got a defective one......so what?im sure your dealer made good on it.

i never said they were perfect.what i am saying is a snap on tq wrench is worth every penny.

to much money for you?dont buy one.i could care less.

the question was aksed what i use.i answered.

what ever floats your boat.ive been down the non shine road.im a professional.i dont have room or time for doubting my tools.the original 3/8 drive clicker tq wrench i had got used day in and out for 15 years and never once was out of calibration.i expect nothing less form my new one.

ive seen more stripped and broken bolts from using junk(yes crafstman included) tq wrenches than anything. 😢

are there other good tq wrenches out there?you bet!will use one i dont trust.not on a bet.

Can i have your old one now you have a nice new shiney one 😢

😢 Yah and what kind of oil do you use in your torque wrench 😢😢😢