Sign in to follow this  

numbers on dirtbikes??

is it a dirt biking faux pas to put numbers on your bike if you don't actually race/compete. i'm getting a TT-R 125 in less than 48 hours and it just seems kind of boring being just plain blue and white, i still like it though. it's not like i want be a show off, you know like those people who wear t-shirts for marathons they've never even been to (just an example). yeah, i don't want to be one of those in dirt biking, but will i be if i put a # on my bike??

I'd say go for it, man. Its your bike... not anyone else's. Do with it what you'd like! 😢

I wouldn't worry about it. Put numbers on your bike. If somebody wants to put you down or judge you they'll find a reason either way.

I'm thinking about numbers too. Where I ride, there are several other guys with the same bike. Thinking about getting numbers for my bike so friends and family can find me.

Didnt know you were a girl..... ANYHOW..... Welcome to TT

I put #'s on my bike even though i dont race but now iam going to so the numbers kind of paid off, i guess....

Dont worry about the #'s, think of it as graphics for your bike.... Considering your a lady rider (dont know how old you are so iam using "lady") no one will tell you anything..... Most guys prolly would say the numbers make you look sexier or some BS of the sort..... 😢

Put those #'s on 😢

seems cheesy to me

maybe put some stickers on that reflect your personality (stickers of bands you like?)

boring is better than false, I'd say.

just my opinion

cheers

scott

I have put numbers on both of my bikes on the front number plates but not on the side. They both are numbers I picked out that mean something to me everyone is always asking me why I picked the 3 numbers on my DRZ.

If you want to be a complete poser, go ahead and put numbers on your non-race bike.

well i say put em on ...... at least you ride unlike 90% of people that wear fox clothing ....I Hate Posers ....especially the ones that say they race not knowing you do and tell you how fast they are on ther 89 kx 125

Might as well go buy a stock Honda Civic and slather that with stickers too....it really does make them go faster, ya know? 😢 :cry:

Just promise us that you won't put '69' on your number plates. 😢 Every time i've been to the motocross track EVER, I have seen at least half a dozen bikes with 69 on 'em. Usually clapped out mid' 80's CR's and KX's, whose riders obviously think they're cool..... 😢

Just promise us that you won't put '69' on your number plates. 😢 Every time i've been to the motocross track EVER, I have seen at least half a dozen bikes with 69 on 'em. Usually clapped out mid' 80's CR's and KX's, whose riders obviously think they're cool..... 😢

Same goes for 420 😢

thanks all...i've long outgrown the "cool number" stage" and by the way GCVT, i do have a stock honda civic WITHOUT stickers on it...i'm not TRYING to look faster or cooler, what is it all in the big scheme of things anyway, ey? hmmmmm, to number up or not to number up...guess i'll go pick the pedals off a freaking flower now.

Just my opinion, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with putting numbers on your bike. Go for it. 😢 I don't care what you ride, what year your bike is, what kind of riding gear you have, if your bike is ragged out or not, if you race or not, if you have skills or not. Just get out there and ride. 😢

Dirt bikes dont look right without numbers,racing or not...Put them on if you want..

My advice is to never keep from doing anything you want to do because of what other people might think of it. Screw everybody else and their opinions. If you think your bike looks good with numbers you should put them on.. any number you want! 😢

Get the black background pre-printed numbers. Numbers aren't just for racers. You have numberplates, might as well fill that plain boring white background in. I don't think you are a poser for putting numbers on a non race bike. Numbers define the rider not the racer. Make the number something that is special to you (i.e. your bday, your anniversary, alphabetical relations, etc.)

Kim

If you want to be a complete poser, go ahead and put numbers on your non-race bike.

Hey Dude

If you ride tracks like a lot of us ~ and you ride a red bike ~ like a lot of us ~ and you wear mx gear ~ like all of us ~ then how in the hell do you find your friends on the track w/out numbers? Graphics are nice, but a heck of a lot harder to see than numbers. When there are 100+ people out there it is a lot easier to look for #24 than 'my friend on the Honda with hotwheels graphics and a red jersey' 😢

Who cares what everyone else thinks anyways? 😢

The guys that are good racers (and good riders) stand out with the way they ride and people will comment on that....

I'm a poser then!

my number is

It represents a few things for me.

I got them from Factory FX and they look tight!

Dude, if your are concerned about being a poser then go sign up for a Hare Scramble and you will get a number assigned to you. That way you will have a number assigned and might really get into racing. I didn't have numbers on my first couple H/S.I then put numbers on to make my bike faster.