Sign in to follow this  

Staying Nice and Cool

250R

Anyone running Engine Ice, Boyesen H2O kit, or using Lightspeed Air Induction Scoop? If so, did you see noticeable temp losses?

Also (maybe question for Cory) -- does motor run hotter with VP? or more efficiently? 😢

i run the boyesen hi-flow water pump impeller and water pump cover, it works pretty good. I ride in 90 and 100 plus wheather all summer and my crf has never boiled over when other have. Engine ice is some good stuff too, it even kept my friends RMZ from boiling over

Lightspeed makes a carbon fiber piece (hood) that goes on top of your gas tank and attaches to your radiator shrouds. It directs airflow to your radiators. Check it out, it's pretty trick.

From my experience the engine runs pretty cool. Even with the modifications I have made it has never lost any coolant. Last week I climbed a trail some guys call "Steamer". It is over a mile long, steep uphill, deep sand, rock ledges, tight switchbacks. I ran out of talent about 100 yards from the top (Steepest part!), and went into survival mode, revvin, slippin' the clutch, wrong position on the bike, 1st gear, draggin' me to the top. Still didn't boil. I was impressed. When you have your head off, look at how restrictive the head gasket is compared to the openings in the cooling jackets. Honda has really restricted the flow of coolant. I don't see what value a high volume pump would be without modifing the gasket. Over heating doesn't seem to be an issue if the bike is jetted correctly.

I really don't think it runs any hotter with the VP U-4, I run engine ice also, I never burned a drop of coolant. I had the valves checked and they were to spec, my bike burns a little oil but its done that since the day I bought it, long before I began using VP. Other than that I really don't notice a difference it temp. 😢