Sign in to follow this  

pictures to go with my thread on the Edelbrock fuel valve sticking

These pictures are all of the same fuel valve seat, and needle. Some of them look as if the brass was polished but it is not. The difference is in the background. The lighter background did not absorb the flash as much as the darker back ground. Hence the difference in appearance. This is a fuel valve and needle that consistantly stuck closed on my Edelbrock carb. You will note it is not gunky or really dirty. How could it be it is only 4 1/2 months old?

carb_023.jpg

carb_022.jpg

carb_016.jpg

carb_019.jpg The four rounded off edges of this needle all have two rub marks on them where the needle actually rides on inside the valve seat. The rub marks are 3/32 of an inch long, which indicates the length of movement when the needle opens and closes the fuel flow. Unfortunately the light from the flash makes it hard to see the shiny rub marks on the needles exposed edge.

carb_014.jpg

carb_013.jpg This shot is closest to the actual color of the brass valve and needle seat.

carb_010.jpg

seat_1.jpg

I took the new bowl that Edelbrock installed to fix my sticking fuel valve, which didn't work. But they did alter the bowl design a bit and the valve is different too. Too bad it didin't work.

carb_028.jpg

carb_027.jpg

carb_025.jpg

carb_024.jpg

And for anyone who thinks it's rediculous that the guy had to LINK to this thread to show pictures in one setting, goto the suggestion forum and voice your opinion. 😢

???????????????????????????

Whats with the question marks man???????????????????????????

???????????????????????????

&%$#@!, dude stop, no one cares if u dont know