Sign in to follow this  

tips for 03 xr/crf 80 ?do plastics swap out?

Hi just got my son a xr /crf 80. how should it be jetted, open air box, uncork the stock exhaust. what mods did you guys do that worked well what were a waste?any dyno sheets out there. do the plastic from the crf just bolt onto 03 xr.I did a search already nothing came up. hes coming off of a klx 110 which is probably faster but hes not tall enough for a ttr 125 and needs to learn to master a clutch.

Dyno sheets???? I don't think you need a dyno sheet to tell how slow it is. But if you do, here you go: at 6500 rpm it's slow, at 9500 rpm it's still pretty slow. . . Oh wait!!! But at 12,500 rpm . . . . . no it's still slow. 😢

Sorry about the sarcasm, but at 5.5hp. The bike ain't fast and without $1200 to dump into it, it's not ever going to be fast. Even a 95cc kit with a cam and a pipe it won't hang with a Texas stocker (stock xr100 with a 120 kit).

well thanks for your useful info.My title has a question mark in it. and I guess all the people that are dumping money into fast 50's are going slow also but I would just like to know what free/or under 200 mods work well . and what jetting everyone is using. also was wondering if there is a good way to uncork the exhaust like on other kids bikes. and there are dyno sheets for 50 and klx 110 so why not for crf 80.. any way thanks for your help..

You can get a powertip for the exhaust which replaces the factory insert, there on ebay all the time. as for as jetting, i'm not sure. i havent opened up the airbox yet, with the open exhaust all i did was raise the needle the position, will open airbox i"ll probably start with one jet larger. similar situation as you my son moved up from an xr70, not gonna spend a bunch on the 80, just a clutch learning tool, 2 stroke 80 next!!