Sign in to follow this  

New Pipe or New Carb. for my 400s????

I am a man of limited means, But Santa said I could do one up grade. I got a jet kit and a stock pipe. Should I buy a new carb?, or buy a Yoshi pipe for my DRZ400s 😢

If I had it all to do over again, I'd definitely buy the FCR first....without question! 😢

Oh, sorry - the FCR (Keihin FCR39) is the carb that comes on the E models. The S carb is the Mikuni BSR36.

10-4. So I'll notice a better power boost from a new carb. than I would from a yoshi pipe with the stock carb?

I'd say so. I did the Yosh pipe first and it was a nice little improvment...and sounded cool, of course. But the carb makes a huge difference.

Now, if you know you're gonna end up doing both mods at some point, you could go either way. I just ended up finding a great deal on the Yosh pipe before I found the great deal on the carb. If I was buying both parts new, I would have gone for the carb first.

Thanks for the advice. Im almost at that point also, SS Yoshi/FCR...?

I wonder if TT could make us an FCR kit for a fair price?

FCR39...much better improvement than a pipe. If you're going to do both and are thinking SS Yosh, think SS Muzzy. Same performance, cheaper price.

Thanks for the advice. Im almost at that point also, SS Yoshi/FCR...?

I wonder if TT could make us an FCR kit for a fair price?

i second that 😢 pardon my ignorance but i do hope it's a plug and play accessory. I've survived the DJ jetting fix and i'm still damn paranoid to do major upgrades cos of the lack of tools and a workshop. Well the under privelege has to suffer 😢