Sign in to follow this  

Ordered a Husky SM510R and have questions

The new Husky is supposed to arrive in March—too late for ice racing. 😢

I'm totally new to supermoto and am interested in learning if anybody knows if the slipper clutch offered by FBF that fits the '04 Husky SM450R will fit into the '05 SM510R. Clutch plates are the same number but there is a different part number for the pressure plate. As far as I know the '05 450 and 510 bottom ends are identical. FBF doesn't know.

In addition, were do I go to get good prices on brush guards and sliders and such?

Thanks,

Eric

I would be willing to bet that any parts off the 450 motor will fit the 510 motor. the only difference is bore and stroke which obviously means the cylinder and crank are different.

As I've come to find out from comparing part numbers, the clutch basket is the same on the '04 and '05 450/510s and after a call to FBF, their slipper clutch should work on the '05 450/510.

Woot! Woot!

Anyway, you wouldn't know where the best deals are to be had on sliders and such would you?

yo chrome, so if the 05 450s and the 510s are the same bottom end would it be safe to say the longer crank and bigger bore piston and cyclinders would fit an 04 SM450r ?