Sign in to follow this  

What does it affect?

If i took out the snorkel on my '99 XR 250, would it require re-jetting? how about starting problems IF ALL I DID WAS TAKE IT OUT and NOT adjust anything. thanks.

It'll run lean and you'll probabaly get a badboy midrange flat spot, which isnt good. Try it and see. If you got an american model then a 135 main jet will do the trick. If its japanese, then a 147.5 will be the key to success.

If i took out the snorkel on my '99 XR 250, would it require re-jetting? how about starting problems IF ALL I DID WAS TAKE IT OUT and NOT adjust anything. thanks.

I've found the XR250's to be jetted slightly fat from the factory. I did not have to rejet until I opened up the exhaust. If you do have a lean condition, you can adjust the fuel screw out a half turn or so and you can also move the clip down on the needle one notch depending on where in the throttle range you are noticing the concern.

ok well.....i dont really know how to re-jet and everything, i put the snorkel back in yesterday and it still wont start. any ideas?

ok well.....i dont really know how to re-jet and everything, i put the snorkel back in yesterday and it still wont start. any ideas?

Gas in tank, gas on, replace spark plug. Check for spark. If it has spark and if it still won't start find a long downhill and jump start it. If it still won't start take it to your local mechanic.