Sign in to follow this  

is EBC HH brake pad good?

They are probably Ok brakes ,rule of thumb, the harder the material the less the pads wear and the more the rotor wears, and in some cases less braking power. The combination of mud , water and grunge can be devestating to a rotor, this is one reason to use a softer compound like stock pads.

In the past few months i've been using pads off a Yamaha Yz250f or Yz426, (same pads)these are the best pads i've ever used , in my opinion better breaking power for the same price as Honda's stockers.

stu

EBC HH pads are more agressive than stockers. They stop harder, stronger, longer. This comes at a price, however-your rotors become a wear item much more than before. XR4 rotors are cheap though. If you street ride then they'd be great, as the stock brakes are not up to street duty (keep in mind that my street bike is the FZ1 which has the YZF-R1 brakes) but in the dirt I don't know if there'd be enough of a difference to be worth the increased rotor wear. In the dirt, you're usually more traction limited than pad friction limited for braking.

whodat