Sign in to follow this  

spark plug probs

my friend has an xr 250 and it wouldnt start. so we took out the spark plug ad it was fouled. so we rubbed the oil off the spark plug. and hooked it back up and tried kicking it to see if we could see a spark. no spark but it did shock me. have any ideas i think its the plug but my friend says no. please reply need to go riding with him today.

would there be any way to fix the one I have because ware going riding today and don't have any way to go get a new one. last time this happened we jumpstarted it but that took forever. as in an hour or two but it did finally start. please write back. thanks.

It all depends on how bad you want to be stuck in the woods..........

Try a propane torch and heat the heck out of it, after it cools, clean it as best you can with a toothpick. Dont use metal, it will leave traces that will make the plug fouls again. Rinse it with carb cleaner and cross your fingers. Bet the air filter is dirty......

Robert

nope I just cleaned it i've already tried soaking it in gas and then burning off the oil. also i sanded the tip of it. where it sparks