I wish I never even saw the SX525

I'm so confused.

My totally tricked out WR450 is due for a replacement. I'm a HUGE Yamaha Fan. ? But I was going to get a RMZ 450 ONLY because of the contingency money I can earn. ($400.00 for 1st place in B class) ?

But now I found a deal on a new 04 SX525 that is decked out for supermotard AND comes with the off road rims/tires/caliper Ect... ?

Question is: how good in the 04 SX525 compared to the Wr450 for reliability and hare scrambles ? ?

If only KTM paid out to the racers. (then it woul be a no brainer)

Not true ithe 525 is such an easy bike to ride it's not even funny. More power than most could ever use but the power is SMoooTH.

You would want to add 5th and 6th though since it's a 4 speed ($300 in parts) and maybe the estart ($650) If you don't want to motoard it you could sell the motord kit and but the 6speed and Estart and probbably still be $ ahead

Bare bones the 525 is a good woods bike, not as forgiving as your WR, but has more grunt. The suspension in 04 was plush for an MXer, it is still a bit harsh in the ledges and rocks, but a revalve of the compresion circuit will cure that for the most part. I run my COMP clickers all the way out, and on most natural terrain jumps wont bottom. Ill be spending the $$ for a revalve though. It needs a fuel tank. 1.89 gallons dont cut it.

If I were to choose between the RMZ and the 525 I would go 525. I dont do first year bikes.....

• 1 month later...

Just brought home a 04 525 SX and will ride it 1st time Fri AM

You wrote "comp set allthe way out" Is that at bottom of fork leg and to the ( - ) direction or Clockwise . . right? From what i can tell in yard tonight lots or bottom i ride semi tight woods I'd love to hear any advise you have on susp settings, octane fuel, valve adj, etc

thanks