Sign in to follow this  

HOrsepower

Has anyone got tons of motor work done to there 2004 rmz250 or kxf because i have a web cam, pro race buckets, wmr valves, Ritter cycle racing porting, Pro circuit Hi-compression Piston ,conical springs, and a few other mods done to the motor, i have a twin air power flow kit on the way and the dsp power now system... i was wondering how much horsepower you think your putting out... MY guess would be at least 38 because i got all those mods plus a pro circuit TI-4 lowboy exhaust system but i havn't ridden my bike yet because its a christmas present so the motor is still in the box.. i was just wondering becuase i think the stock horsepower is like 33.7 or something like that.. thats all i wanted to know

Stock Hp on the RMZ is more like 30.5. with a little massaging and a pipe you can get in the 34 range.

I have seen stock bore, stock stroke motors make close to 40. This wasnt your poor boy scratch and sniff porting though. Lots of welding and epoxy work was done.

I have seen a Big bore stroker make close to 43.

idk im thinking more than that, i have an fmf 4.1 and i gained 20% HP..so with just your pipe you should be around 34-36 HP..pluss al the mods you have, id say around 43-45HP

idk im thinking more than that, i have an fmf 4.1 and i gained 20% HP..so with just your pipe you should be around 34-36 HP..pluss al the mods you have, id say around 43-45HP

ha ha ha :banghead:

I'm running an FMF 4.1 also along with avgas and one bottle of octane booster for every two gallons of fuel. That should put me over 50 hp. It actually feels slower than stock but that's just an illusion because it's so much more tractable now.

On an unrelated subject, I've got this purple goo coming out of my exhaust system at every junction. Does anyone know what that might be?

Edited by Float

I'm running an FMF 4.1 also along with avgas and a bottle of octane booster for every two gallons of fuel. That should put me over 50 hp. It actually feels slower than stock but that's just an illusion because it's so much more tractable now...

:banghead::smirk:Yeah that avgas is some crazy shit. Makes VP look like pump gas.

I'm running an FMF 4.1 also along with avgas and one bottle of octane booster for every two gallons of fuel. That should put me over 50 hp. It actually feels slower than stock but that's just an illusion because it's so much more tractable now.

On an unrelated subject, I've got this purple goo coming out of my exhaust system at every junction. Does anyone know what that might be?

Thats that wax'y crap they put in that avg gas that can build up at the exhaust port and cause the plating to start flaking loose.....Better go get some more.....

just because you replaced a bunch of stuff doesn't mean your making anymore power...Dont be so gull-able..I'd say you gained about 1 maybe 2 horsepower stock is around 33-34hp (not 30.5) so if your lucky your at around 36hp now...congratulations your now in current stock 250f territory...

ha ha ha :banghead:

20%! Hah! That's what they claim. That's in a perfect world with a practically works motor switching from a stock exhaust. You can count on 1/2hp-2hp maybe out of that pipe. And pipes work well with some components and worse with others. Only way to know is dyno it.