Sign in to follow this  

leo pipe vs leo pipe with rhc carb mod.dyno!

It loses a little in the midrange eh? Might not be the best choice for an MX'er no? But of course with other mods that graph would change alot...for SM use I can see that thing would be kicking some ass...imagine the full on portwork, cam, etc. 😢

Sweet, shouldn't that be 54.77hp and not 44.77hp? I also think the carb works much better with a modified motor by looking at Ron's dyno run from the Cheza framer which showed a 4hp increase.cheza_framer_carbupgrade.jpg

doesnt look like more power, just trading power. Your dyno sure tells a different tale than ron's. No offense ment to you or ron.

doesnt look like more power, just trading power. Your dyno sure tells a different tale than ron's. No offense ment to you or ron.

His engine is BONE STOCK other than the pipe. Ron's graph is a highly juiced setup, porting, cam, valves, springs, higher compression piston.... 😢

in defenese of rons mod,im at 5500 ft.

so cranking compression is way down compared to sea level bike.

as far as not making more power,i think thats way off base.

+2 peak hp and more than that in over rev with just a carb.

this is the graph that tells the whole story.

stock vs leo pipe/rhc carb.for bolting on parts this damn impressive. 😢

DYNO RUN

when chezas bike was tested it had a filter atached directly to the stock carb with an abrubt transition for the air and was actully hurting the power this was also done on cummings dyno not my dyno .also a mainjet change and not going totally by the air fuel ratio meter may show an improvment in midrange .

burned were you running an intake tube and an air filter .your run looks one of mine with out the air filter in place .Ron

I think these results are great. Its good to see the comparison with each pipe and the carb on the same exact bike with no other mods. It's a good baseline to go off of. I am going to dyno the same Leo Vince system, Jemco, Yosh TRS titanium, and stock. I have the full RHC spec motor so the results should be very interesting.

no,tube or filter.so that probably explains alot.even if i had it it wouldnt have cleared my shock at all.the stack was right on my shock.

tdub only sent me a carb.

thats with a otpimized main jet.i went by the meter and did some main jet changes.

just for reference,tdub had a 172 main jet in this carb.i was down to a 152 for best power.

im really comtimplating having you mod my carb to work with the stock air boot.its really way less restrictive now.

Those comparisons are GREAT....can't wait to see Chrome's on his modded engine...and mine...one day...if I can...ever...make it to the dyno...on a day....when they are open!!!!!!

I am very interested in how Chrome's bike runs with the Leo too.

Ron, please check your PM's.

Regards,

Darrin.

I believe Tryce is going to let me run his Leo on the dyno once Eddie is done with it. I need to get the Winpep 7 program downloaded so I can post the dyno charts just like Eddie has done 😢