Sign in to follow this  

Sockets

Just wondering what you guys used for sockets with an impact wrench. I have one of the big sets of Craftsman sockets I have been using for a while but I'm thinking about getting the 33Gal Craftsman air compressor for christmas and wondering what kind of sockets you guys use with your impact wrench as I don't want to strip the insides of my current sockets. Are they strong enough to use with an air ratchet for working on the DRZ and stuff? I just knew you were supposed to get stronger sockets than normal ones for the impact wrench although I probably wont use it too much so may only get a few in sizes I commonly use.

Impact sockets , are really the answer.

For one thing they willlast, where as as the chrome standard sockets will not. Two, impact sockets transfer more shock load to the fastener. Time and time again I have seen the same gun, same air supply with a standard chrome socket not bust loose a fastener,, then I let the guy borrow an impact socket,, and just watch that nut or bolt come loose. They really do make a difference 😢

Impact sockets , are really the answer.

For one thing they willlast, where as as the chrome standard sockets will not. Two, impact sockets transfer more shock load to the fastener. Time and time again I have seen the same gun, same air supply with a standard chrome socket not bust loose a fastener,, then I let the guy borrow an impact socket,, and just watch that nut or bolt come loose. They really do make a difference 😢

That's a FACT!!! 😢