Sign in to follow this  

First Ride.....DAAAAAMN.........

๐Ÿคฃ:D๐Ÿคฃ:D:D:D๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰:D๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰:D:D:D๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰:(:(

All I can say......Is DAAAAMN.........I've ridden every kind of bike that there is at one time or another, and never has one ever felt so "Planted" to me. This thing is like it's on rails. Steering input is a good bit heavier, very solid feeling. All you have to do is think about turning, and just leans over, almost by itself. It...LAUNCHES...when you gas it, no more tire spin like the worn out deathwing. The wheelie dynamic is changed....not necessarily better or worse, just different. Between the larger contact patches, the steel lines and the wave rotors, the brakes feel twice as strong. The speedo is TERRIBLY OFF now....but it's cool to be running 65 around town ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข just makes the whole thing feel faster...... :(

Every car that I met in town had folks hanging out the windows trying to figure out what the hell that bike was. ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข As far as I know, I've got the only 'Tard in town, no one around here has ever seen one.

gcvt.....you were right...the expense and the wait were forgotten after one ride..... ๐Ÿ˜ข I LOVE this bike....coolest project I've ever done. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who is "On the fence".

gcvt.....you were right...the expense and the wait were forgotten after one ride..... ๐Ÿ˜ข I LOVE this bike....coolest project I've ever done. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who is "On the fence".

It's pretty amazing isn't it?! You spend all that that money, wonder if you're doing the right thing, invest tons of time setting it up....and you forget all about it when you ride it for the first time. The money, time and worrying just turn in to huge smiles!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! ๐Ÿ˜ข

lots of looks here in my small town. first tard i am sure around here. i rode mine to work last night and when i came home at 5:30 in the dark and raining i had several cars slow way down to check it out while i was at the stoplight. i always want to pull away on a wheelie but i dont need a neg or wreckless driving ticket. not saying i dont wheelie it but i am real careful about were i pull off my stunts as i get older.years ago, i payed a ton on my car insurance!!!

๐Ÿ˜ข

Are you guys ALL supermoto or do you switch to offroad from time to time?

Just curious,

Dan

It's pretty amazing isn't it?! You spend all that that money, wonder if you're doing the right thing, invest tons of time setting it up....and you forget all about it when you ride it for the first time. The money, time and worrying just turn in to huge smiles!

So very true!!!

Just curious,

Dan

I switch! ๐Ÿ˜ข

Mike

Excellent to hear you enjoyed your first ride. ๐Ÿ˜ข The hardware or software to fix the spedo error is out there somewhere. Please keep us up to date, I like the Avon's.

๐Ÿ˜ข:D:D:D:D๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ข:D๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‰:D๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‰:D

Just curious,

Dan

I switch too. Two bikes in one and only one insurance policy!

Just curious,

Dan

I go both ways ๐Ÿ˜ข

Thanks for responding guys....RR, sorry to step-in on your thread. The green and black is sick! Nice bike.

Dan

Thanks for responding guys....RR, sorry to step-in on your thread. The green and black is sick! Nice bike.

Dan

BTW, it only takes about 1-1/2 hours to switch over at a relaxed pace (2 to 3 beer job)....or maybe 45 minutes if you're in a huge hurry and don't have any beer ๐Ÿ˜ข

Railroader

If you're switching from motard to dirt on a regular basis, ignore this. But I took apart the speedo recently and there's a four blade vaned wheel in there that is driven by the speedo drive and interrupts a light beam. If you swap that for a three bladed one, it should make the speedo a lot more accurate.

The three bladed wheel could be made from scratch or you might be able to buy them from electronics wholesalers.

Cheers

Ian

Just curious,

Dan

Versatility is good.... I switch! ๐Ÿ˜ข

Just curious,

Dan

I don't know if I will switch....But I am gonna put some knobs on the stock wheels in case I ever want to. ๐Ÿ˜ข

I have not switched mine since going to the 17s. I am lazy though, and rather than loading my CRF450, I have taken my DRZ SM to the MX track the last 4-5 rides. (Carnegie, so no big jumps).

I ride it to the park, cruise to the track, remove jacket and go. two to three 10-15 lap motos, and I put the jacket back on and head back home (15 minutes to Tracy) Of course, I usually hit reserve on the way home as I cannot resist wheelies on the pavement, and I believe that I am losing alot of gas out of the bottom of the bike when doing so. -That, and I tend to rev the piss out of it during the wheelies as it is easier than lugging it. (throttle control is easier and smoother).

I cannot explain why.

Long winded explanation, but if I ever do a REAL dual sport ride, I will simply put the stock wheels back on.

Mike