Sign in to follow this  

Roll Chart Holder Recommendations/Favorites

What brand of roll chart holder is your favorite?? (e.g. Moose, Touratech)

I use a Moose but I think the kind that open from the top work better, I should say easier to roll up and unroll. But hey, the Moose ones look cool. 😢

I had one of the Moose types that magnified one line at a time. I don't even know if they sell them anymore, but if they do, I would suggest getting one with a full window. It is so much better to be able to see the a few of the next route changes coming up, especially if they are happening quickly.

I've got a Count Down now with a full window and like it much better. It seems to be of a little better quality than the Moose, too (metal knobs and sturdier feel.)

I'm not a GPS guy, so I appreciated the difference between the two.

I Have Used The Countdown And The Moose Single Line With A Magnifier. I Prefer The Moose With The One Line Due To Running Down A Trail I Will Look Down To See Mileage Then Look At 5 Or So Lines Displayed On The Roll Chart And Try To Find The Right One. I Think It Is Easier With The One Line Visable So I Don't Have To Search. Quality Wise, They Are Both Good. I Think The Moose Is Easier To Load The Chart Into Though Because You Can Remove The

Piece The Chart Attaches To And Take It Elsewhere To Load, Does'nt Have To Be On The Bars, In The Wind, Cold, Rain, Etc.

The guys with the Moose "side loader" (not sure the model) swear by them. I use the cheapo EE or Moose (same unit, just different logo) which has the clear plastic, removable top. I run w/o the top (lens) 99% of the time - but then I record many DS rides and use the route sheet holder to write on the paper.

Yes, you can use 'em w/o the lid when it's raining ;-) I just tilt the holder so it's vertical until I need to write on it, then tilt it back while hovering over it to block some of the rain.

I think mine is a moose, but it opens from the side. So I can take the roller out and take it inside the truck or hotel and load the route sheet the night before and not have to worry about it getting wet, etc)

Then I just load the rollers back in the box and tighten it down.

Nick

I run the Moose dual sport holder. It is larger than the enduro model. It loads from the side and gives you the option of right or left side rolling. I do recommend making a mount to put any holder on. It allows for better positioning of the unit.

R. Hast

Thanks to all for the info. Looks like for me the Moose Dual Sport model is the one to look at.