Sign in to follow this  

Decibel level?

Hi, I got an 05 rmz250 comin, I want to know if anyone knows what the stock db is on it. I found an after market endcap with sparky for alot cheaper than a new pipe..Ill be riding it in the woods alot as well as some tracks.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

i think it's right around 96 decibels, i'm not 100% sure on that figure but the bike is pretty loud (as are all mx 4 strokes) and you will want to quite it down a bit for the trail.

lol if its under 98 decibels, mn law, why would i want to quiet it down? i ride an xr 250 with xr's only pipe, it regs at 97.8 db's.. passed dnr test.. good to hear though, i wont be needing a pipe, just the endcap. thanks..

Even better, I didn't know the law was at 98 over there. My personal theory is ride em loud, I mean let's admit, that is part of the reason why we bought a thumper in the first place. It has a hot exhaust note. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people who wants the loudest bike on the block and would run with only a head pipe if I could. But I do like to hear my bike over the others when I'm riding with my buddies.