Sign in to follow this  

MX rated 2nd to Soccer?

In the movie On Any Sunday, they refer to a test that found motocrossers to be second only to soccer players in overall fitness. I've searched and searched for evidence of this test, but have found nothing. I would love to send a copy this, or any other relevant studies, to Jim Caple at ESPN. He's the editor who openly said that MX did not deserve a spot on ESPN's list of the most demanding sports because "you use a motor, for god's sake". Can you believe that billiards and auto racing made the list?

There was an article in Cycle magazine circa 1980 that tested a bunch of motocrossers. They were tested at UCLA and really impressed the testing staff. They ranked them close to Olympic gymnasts in overall fitness. I don't know where the soccer comparison comes from. ESPN= dickheads.

Want to feel like a pro soccer player? (not the goalie)....go out and SPRINT, as hard as you can, for 10 or 15 seconds at a time...walk fast for 5 seconds...then sprint again for another 10-15 seconds...repeat for 2+ hours. Now you know. 😢