Sign in to follow this  

What bike shuld i get?

I currently have an 02 YZ250F and next spring i plan on gettin a new bike. I was thinking bout gettin either a new YZ250F or a 450. i have no problem handling the power at 6'0" 135lb. I ride mostly motocross but i dont get to the track that often and mostly freeride in the woods. im not like a "tight" woods kinda guy, i like open spaces wit jumps and hills. or do u think i shuld just keep my f and just mod it so its like new?? I'm kinda on a tight budget here so think of it from like a semi poor guy kinda way. dont even suggest a honda or i will have to slap you.

Do you race??? Do you need the power of a 450??

If your fine with the bike you got right now then why spend the money on a new bike, If i were you, I would get some mods done to my bike rather than buying a new bike.

Or you could just get a 2nd bike for the woods and keep the 250f for the track.

i love 450's so much but there expensive, ive pretty much come down to ill get a new one as soon as they slap on an aluminum frame on the 4 strokes

All 4 strokes are expensive. The 2 stroke buyers have a big advantage right now. The bottom has fallen out of the used 2 stroke market.

i like 2 strokes but im faster on a 4 because i dont get tired out as quick, and plus when i ride by my house a 4 stroke is nice to navigate hills and mud

I have 2 04 YZ250F's, and a 05 YZ450F.

If you ride WOT tracks then the 05 450 will be fine. If they are tight supercross type tracks dont waste your money on one. They detuned the lower rpms so much the damn thing runs over itself all the time in tight stuff.

im just gonna keep my f, i plan on racing some arenacross next spring so im just gonna throw a bigger sprocket on it, i had a 52 tooth on it for like a day opposed to my 48......lets just say i almost creamed in my pants. it was so much better

ive got the fmf t-4 can and mid pipe im thinkin bout gettin the powerbomb header for christmas. What u think would be the best mod to make it more powerful then borin it out?

(By the way....I already smoke my freinds 😢 )