Sign in to follow this  

Odd clutch problem

On my f i recently had to put in a new kickshaft cause i snapped mine. in order 2 fix it i had 2 take the entire clutch assembly out.(major pain in the 😢 ) but as soon as i got it all put back together and i rode it the clutch would not engage smoothly, it was like at one point it would just catch..its all or nuthing. at first i thought i needed to break it in but its been bout 3 - 4 months and it is still the same. My guess would be i didnt put the clutch plates and friction plates in right. my freind told me there wer 2 clutch plates that are bigger that are sposed to go on the outside and i never checked that. do u think its because there not in right? help because im sick of stalling because of it, and its anhialating my sprockets. 😢

The innermost clutch plate and friction plate are different. All the rest are the same. Also between the innermost plate and the clutch hub and two small rings: the clutch boss spring and the seat plate. You may have put one of these in backwards as they are supposed to go in only one way. The manual describes this as well as how to tell the difference between the innermost plate and the rest. Good luck.