Sign in to follow this  

CRF450 lace new wheel

I'm having problems lacing up a new wheel. There are 2 different length spokes. I've tried different spokes placements and I always end up with spokes being too long.

I need to know the pattern or which side the spokes go in. Any ideas or tips?

This is for 05 CRF 450.

Thanks in advance.

Spoke to soon. I thought I had it and I have the same problems. One side went on well and I alternated the spokes but when I tried the same on the other side. The spokes seemed too long or too short.

If you use the stock spokes they will work.

If you are trying to use excel spokes for the 02-04 model they will not work, Excel told me it may be 2 months before they have something available for the 05? I'm using the stock spokes until then.

I forgot a very important part. The new rim is a 18" Excel and the spokes are by White Bros. The spokes are little thicker then stock and the holes on the hub were made a little larger so the spokes would fit.

We were alternating the long and short spokes. The long spokes in first on both sides and in the holes that are higher up. Then the short spokes in the lower holes.

Still have some of the longer spokes sticking out further then what looks to be right. Right now just trying to make small adjustments hoping things will get better as we get closer to true the rim.

Any tips?