Sign in to follow this  

How are the 05 RMZ/KX 250Xs holding up?

Problems?, Praise?, Happy?, Mad?, Sad?

05 Owners let me know what you think about your bike. Yeah, Yeah I've read the reviews, but I want to know about your experiences with the bike.

Trying to make a decision on RMZ /KXF or the CRF 250, the best low end grunt and fit for a smaller rider are attractive to me as Im a little guy and love a lot of torque, I've read that the RMZ/KXF has both:D

Thanks in advance

the rmz is lower so you'll like the handling better. Honestly, I think the rmz motor is a bit stronger than the crf motor, but you will have more than plenty of low end on tap with any 250f you buy.

If you’re after low end grunt and torque the ’05 KXF has more of both than the CRF. I’ve ridden the ’05 CRF250R and ’05 KXF250 back to back on a number of occasions (mx and trail) and the two bikes have very noticeable different bottom end power characteristics. Both bikes feel small to me, with one of the reasons I originally chose the KXF being that it reminded me of the small, light 125 2-stroke I was coming off.

I’ve done a couple of small performance mods: full White Bros Aluminum Race Series exhaust system, removed the backfire screen, Suspension Tech revalve kits on front & rear suspension (including bladder removal), and the associated re-jetting to get it working. IMO the bike rocks!

It has an unbelievable engine and handles damn nice (although the front forks were too harsh before I removed the bladder and revalved them).

My bike has 25 hours on the clock, the majority of which (apart from run-in) have been spent thrashing the guts out of it on mx tracks. We checked valve clearance yesterday and everything is sweet. I change oil every 4 hours, oil filter 8 hours, air filter ever ride etc

All in all I would strongly recommend the ’05 KXF 250 to anyone (especially if you want the best 250F for low end grunt) 😢😢😢

I love them both! I bought the 05 kx250f mainly because of the handling and low/mid power that it puts out. The Honda has a little better susp. The kxf has a little more grunt and turns easier. If you can try to ride them both. I was lucky, I have a friend with every color but orange (witch will be awesome also). The only bike I didn't care for was the yzf. The power was Very strong but not nearly as smooth and "I" didn't like how it handled. Try them ALL if you can. 😢

I love them both! I bought the 05 kx250f mainly because of the handling and low/mid power that it puts out. The Honda has a little better susp. The kxf has a little more grunt and turns easier. If you can try to ride them both. I was lucky, I have a friend with every color but orange (witch will be awesome also). The only bike I didn't care for was the yzf. The power was Very strong but not nearly as smooth and "I" didn't like how it handled. Try them ALL if you can. 😢

ur friend is very lucky......

I just bought a 2005 rmz 250, I love it so far everthing good except for suspension. Most people usually get a re-valve anyway, so no big deal!