Sign in to follow this  

yosh cdi 10 000 or 11 000rpm

someone tell me yoshimura do a 10 ooo rpm cdi for ltz and 11k rpm for drz

im 99.9% sure they only do 11k rpm, i try to go on yosh site and i only fund 11k cdi

ltz400 and drz400S have the same engine ??? 😢

The CDI in the picture is not a 4 wheeler CDI (LTZ or KFX)...it is a motorcycle CDI (DRZ or KLX)... the connectors for a DRZ are two separate connectors...the connector for a 4 wheeler CDI is one big connector. I found this out when I tried to loan my neighbor a DRZ CDI for his KLX 4 wheeler...This should work on your bike. If your bike is an S model and this CDI is from a dirt model, you'll have to take the green wire out of the connector to get your bike to run... if this is from an S model, it will work right away. The 4 wheelers came with a rev limit of 8000 rpm, so the popular upgrade is to put a motorcycle CDI on that has a limit of 10,000 with an adaptor cable. Several things about this CDI don't add up and it may be a stock S cdi. If this is a stock S model CDI, you have bought the same CDI you already have. Post the part numbers printed on the side of the CDI and I can tell you what rpm limit it has. At least 3 things don't add up...this is from a motorcycle...Yosh did not make a 10,000 rpm motorcycle CDI...... and it does not have the Yosh sticker or (sticker residue) that a Yosh CDI would have. Keep us posted so we can help... 😢 Andrew

they close unction early for lost or broken 😢

Good, you didn't want it anyway! I have a box of rocks if you're interested though. 😢

Make sure you do your homework. This is for the few who don't have any mods left. CDI + spring kit. Should get new valves while your in there, and the seats freshened up. I wouldn't lose my motor over an old valve.