Sign in to follow this  

WYNOA Harescrambles 2005

OK when do they start and when do I get registered? First timer 😢 I have to make this winter go bye somehow. Man it is going to be long winter. 😢

I think the Banquet for 2004 is next month. Info of any will be awesome. Thinking about running with a 450X. If I can't I know I am going to get laughed out but I am going to run the 650L. 😢 Should be good. I have been to the site but nothing about 2005. Ok, I admit it I am looking to get another Upstate NY Harescramble thread going, 😢 guilty

You can go to WNYOA.NET and check it out for all of the answers you need. As for running a 650L, no ones going to laugh at you, mainly because you must be one tough individual to run one of those in our tight woods!!! Maniac 😢

Thanks Maniac, I will keep going to the site to see. I love to ride. I can seem to hold my own on that bike. Its kinda cool I don't know what the new bikes feel like so I ride it like I stole it. Either way I am in. 😢

Usually the information (schedule and registration) will come out right after the banquet, which is January 22. First race is usually around May 1.

See you there.

Carl

Sr. B - #441

Hey the WNYOA forum comes back to life!!!!!!!! Hey Mitch, how ya doing in the winter series? I have not made it up to watch one yet, may get up there before its over....To watch, not gonna chance riding one, knee aint no where near ready........ 😢

Bob

Yeah its been a slow recovery, don't even know if it will be ready by then, I'm hoping thu..........................

Bucheye, I will be ready to go this spring. Let me know when and where you plan on riding this spring. I need all the practice I can get.

Dolfan, Keep up the exercising and rehab. You have five months left.

Sounds like a plan. By the way, me and some guys from work are planning a ski trip at Greek Peak on Jan 7th or 8th if your interested.

Bob, The winter series is going on without me as I'm on the injured list. I was riding right before Thanksgiving up to our hunting camp, and I went down and hit my right shoulder on the frozen ground. I cracked the Scapula (again), and did some soft tissue damage but at least I didn't tear my rotator cuff. It's healing veeeeeerrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy ssssslllllllllloooooooooooowwwwwlllllllllllyy! Anyhow, I'm going to have to sit out the complete winter series, and hope for full recovery by spring time. At least that's the plan anyhow! I'm going down to Beldin this weekend to shoot photo's of everyone else. Hope your knee comes along in time for spring! Take care. Mitch

Wow Mitch............sorry to hear about your injury.... us older fellows just don't seem to heal as well as we used tooooo. I may venture up to watch also, weather sounds like it will be fairy warm to spectate, muddy to race. I have been comin along slowly with the knee also, gotta get off my butt and get motivated, just don't seem to beable to keep the workout consistant, I had a setback like a month after surgery(stupid move) the knee felt really good, or so I thought and I thought it would be alright to get on the bike for a play ride, went out to Vanettan (Steiners track) and like 10 mins into the first lap I stuffed the left leg again.........I think I tore the graft, he (Doc) said he thought maybe I got lucky and just sprained it, well its been however long since and the knee still don't feel right, had the Doc look at it and he shook his head as soon as he grabed it and started the bending twisting they do, he said Yes it is loose now aint it........... he really don't want to do anything with it thu, told me to double the workout I aint been doing in the first place to well, and I had to get the quad and hamstring muscles strong to help protect the knee, I think its blown out again thu, so the way it feels right now, its going to be a short race season for me this spring, and thats bummin, gonna get either the Astericks knee braces or the Eves web braces for the upcomin season, like the Eves because you can adjust flection, don't know if the Astericks allow for that, if they do(I have to call them) I will get those, need to get serious and work the legs thu, I hope your recovery comes along better... 😢 Maybe I will see you at Beldon sunday...

Bob

I hear ya Bob! Although I keep telling myself that I'm not really that old, but my body just doesn't listen! Sorry to hear that you might have re-injured your knee again. It sure is hard to stay off of them damn bikes!!!

But they say the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, so here goes, "I'm an addict, and I just got to get my bike fix!!!" ! There, I said it. Now maybe I can get on with my life! (what little bit of a life that I do have!)

Keep working that knee and do your re-hab. I didn't do mine for my ankle, and I'll have problems with it for the rest of my life, so don't be stubborn like this dumb Pollock! Take care, and hopefully I'll see you this weekend. Later. Mitch

Yes should of thought better of getting back on the bike sooo soon, Doc said 6months, I waited like 6 weeks, gonna pay for that mistake I think. Says rain freezing rain for sunday, will be a mess 😢 Prolly see you there, maybe Carl will be there to spectate too, Don't think alot of the reagulars are running it this year, for whatever reasons....

Its been a looooong year watching the Fins.....But yes it was nice beating the Pats, they always seem to find a way to win in the end(Pats) but we got what for the year we have had, a big win against them..

Bob 😢

Looks like maybe another mud race for the 16th. I think the forecast is calling for temps back near 50, with rain....Glad I'm still spectating, 😢 I don't think I had heard of Scotty Phelps before that last race, he's pretty dam fast, wonder if he may run the WNYOA series this year, he could run with those guys(our pro class) I bet, seemed like he had the speed to maybe battle our top2 or 3 I bet.

Bob

Bob,

Let me know if you are going on Sunday. I might go an spectate. Looks like it will be very cold.

What's going on guys? I hope to see both of ya this weekend at Beldin. Yeah, I'm sure it will be cold, but that should be better than the rain we got last time. Carl, what have you been up too? Haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope your doing alright. Later. Mitch