Sign in to follow this  

"Getting flat" for a woods rider

Ok...would somebody please tell this 'old school woods rider' how you guys make that cool flat look in the air off those MX jumps. I do occasionaly ride on the track and when I do I have lots of airtime on those relatively user-friendly tabletops but get kinda bored while I'm up there (doubles freak me out since I've come up short a time or two). When I was a kid we thought we were cool just crossing up the front while in the air. So give it to me in 'motocross for dummies' language and remember I ain't no kid anymore but I wanna try somethin' new.

well, when youre on the face of the jump, turn the bike slightly to one side. once in the air, keep turning and lean your weight in that direction. it wont be much, but once you are halfway through, turn the other way and reverse it. it will work, just keep practicing

Seems to me that a stabbing over and down on one side of the handlebar like you want to shove the end if it in the ground comes into play there somewhere too. Then pulling it back up.

Then again what looks really cool, can hurt really bad. 😢

Pick up the new issue of Transworld MX (January 2005). It teaches how to do the "Bubba Scrub"(Super flat whip that keeps you close to ground) on page 92. Sweet, but dangerous!!!!!!!!!!

I mailed in a subscription for that magazine like 3 monthes ago and didn't get one mag yet.

........bastards

I mailed in a subscription for that magazine like 3 monthes ago and didn't get one mag yet.

Same thing happened to me. I selected the "Bill me later" option when subscribing and never got a mag. I finally emailed them to ask what the deal was and their response was "your have defaulted on your payment, therefore no issues will be mailed". I emailed them back and basically told them to shove it up their a$$. Then I subscribed to RacerX and everything went smooth.

Same thing happened to me. I selected the "Bill me later" option when subscribing and never got a mag. I finally emailed them to ask what the deal was and their response was "your have defaulted on your payment, therefore no issues will be mailed". I emailed them back and basically told them to shove it up their a$$. Then I subscribed to RacerX and everything went smooth.

I bought some MX products from Motosports Outlet - Now I receive "2" Transworld MX mags each month....of the same edition........ 😢

kool, i just spent a bunch of money on motosport outlet, hopefully i will get mags too, lol

The best thing to do when going for the first time without knowing what you're doing is finding someone who does. If you don't know anyone who does don't be shy. I just look from someone my age who looks friendly enough and ask for some pointers. I was doing doubles my first time after following some one else to show the right way. It really helps to follow another rider to get your speed right to make the doubles. So just go when it's busy, talk, watch and follow.

I've read other posts that say following someone can be dangerous too. You still have to know the techniques involved. What if your following a guy that tends to really compress the suspension at takeoff to get more height/distance and you only "ride it"... could be scary. I don't know as I'm not an expert... just food for thought!