yzf vs crf

the yz is so much quicker....my 2 friends raced once one had an 04YZ250F bone stock and the other a 04CRF250 with mad stuff done to it (hes sponsored by fmf and stuff) and the yz-f won.......drag race..........plus the valves and crap go too quick in the crf's...there ergo's are weird i feel uncomfortable on em..........and also faded red is pink faded blue is blue

Better is an arbitrary term. It means different things to different people. I don't care for the twin spar aluminum frame, so I don't buy Hondas. I ride with guys who have traded in blue bikes for red ones and red ones for blue ones. Each bike has its own distinctive characterisitics. I like Yamaha 4 strokes and Suzuki 2 strokes. Yamaha 2 strokes cramp my long legs. I never could get comfortable on a KX, even though I had one. The moral is that a red bike will feel better to some guys. That is why it is great to have choices.

the yz is so much quicker....my 2 friends raced once one had an 04YZ250F bone stock and the other a 04CRF250 with mad stuff done to it (hes sponsored by fmf and stuff) and the yz-f won.......drag race..........plus the valves and crap go too quick in the crf's...there ergo's are weird i feel uncomfortable on em..........and also faded red is pink faded blue is blue

"so much faster",???, explain, i have riden both bikes and i can tell that the

yz250f has a more snappy power, right on the throttle and right out the

box....the im also a tall rider so i like that the yz250f is a little taller, correct

me if im wrong but i think the crf250 power hits harder because of the

unicam....its not as throttle snappy which i guess it comes down to

preference with that. the 2005 yz250f pulls away from the 2004 crf250, but

after reading the latest issue of transworld and seeing the 05' crf250 has

more peak hp i would like to see a drag race...both bikes seem to have to

short shift, or have to stay in a higher gear to get the meaty power...

SHORT: the Yzf is nice because it feels just like a 2stroke with a 4stroke

engine....very vertical and easy to throw around but with that also comes

fork shaking at top end, the Crf isn't as snappy on the power but the power

hits harder, also feels a little heavier, its like riding a Sooped up Bently...(04)

easy to control at top speeds.

Slowly but surely the 05 yz250f outruns the crf250(04)

box....the im also a tall rider so i like that the yz250f is a little taller, correct

i wouldnt say so much faster.i dont think it hits harder ben, i have rode sams bike to and the only place it hits harder is down low. and yes the 05 crf does have more peak horse power then the 05 yz250f, but guess how much the differnce is? NOT EVEN 1 MORE HORSE POWER. i have never ridden a 04 yz250f but i have heard some people say that the 04 hits harder then the 05 and has more power. the reason why sams hits harder down low is beacause yamaha gave the 05 yz250f more mid this year, taking some low end power.

SHORT: the Yzf is nice because it feels just like a 2stroke with a 4stroke

engine....very vertical and easy to throw around but with that also comes

fork shaking at top end, the Crf isn't as snappy on the power but the power

hits harder, also feels a little heavier, its like riding a Sooped up Bently...(04)

easy to control at top speeds.

Slowly but surely the 05 yz250f outruns the crf250(04)

actually the crf is said to be easyer to through around, becuase it has a lower center of gravity and a little lighter. you may not notice it but it is lighter. and my bike is really easy to control at high speeds ben, just when your shifting it wants to take the front end up sometimes. and again i am going to have to say that they tammed the 05 yz250f's power.

Ive ridden both back to back a few times... Im used to the yzf, but even the first time i jumped on the crf (before i had the yzf) i though it felt weird beneath me. I also feel uncomfortable on the crf because of its ergonomics and light weight. I dont know, the seat is real narrow and the weight just doesnt feel right. Thats all i can say i felt really comfortable on the yzf my first day thats how i new it was the bike for me. Undoubtedly both good bikes. In a drag race it all depends on the rider.

In a 1/4 mile drag on my yz250f (in the sand), a crf250x, a cr 125, a kx250, and a cr500, the yz250f won. Its all in the rider. Probably with the right rider on any of these bikes i would get my ass blown off but two races i came out leaving all four eating blue dust. The crf was real close behind, about three bike lengths, the 500 about 4 and the others who knows. How in the hell did i beat a 500? Apparently the kid doesnt know how to ride that thing. Your guess as good as mine. They three 2strokers were laughing because we had "little 125 bikes" and one of them said "dude you know thats a 500 right?"- both races left them making excuses like "oh i changed my rear sprocket last week... "oh i need my top end done..." "oh i need a new spark plug" I said how bout you get your $hit together and we can race with no excuses. I wont change my bike at all. They havent asked to race again since. These are the kids that ride around with fox/ ride red stickers all over their cars and they never really figured out how to ride. Posers are not new to this world, there were plenty of them "skating" when i was riding vert at age 12 in the early 90's.

Just because you are spoiled and you have it doesnt mean you know how to ride it. The school of hard knocks will always win. The best thing thing for some people would be to eat some dirt and learn to like it.

There not faster there bout the same on top but in a drag race and on the track the yz-f pulls quicker to the top then the crf. but the crf turns like no other so they pretty much even out unless uve figured out how to turn the yzf faster..(on my bike its harder to turn because i have upper triple clamps and the bars are lower and it doesnt dive into ruts as well)

it all depends on how much money you have and what you like more. would you rather have a bike with awesome suspension and cornering ? then get the honda if you dont care about spending money on valves and such. if you would rather have an all around good bike with a strong motor get a yamaha. I think that the yamaha is stable at high speeds and the crf isnt. maybe its the other way around but i dont think so. yamahas stick to the ground more because it has a higher center of gravity. it also makes it stable around corners.

Some people say the handling of the Honda is better. It's wierd because I like my Yammie better than the Hondas. The Honda aluminum frames respond to your ever move, easier for me to mess up. The yammie can cover up some mistakes.

Maybe it's different because the bike I rode was a cr125. Who knows, but my friend does have a YZ125 and prefers the handling over the honda.

Like people stated before: All in the rider.

LETS JUST SAY I HAD THE YZF AND SOLD IT IN A MONTH DOOOOOONT GET A YZF IT IS A BIG MISATKE AND EVER SINCE I GOT MY CRF I AM NOW SPONSERED BY PRO CIRCUT AND FACTORY BLACK AND ALSO RIDE WITH THE MULISHA!!!!(THEY ALL RIDE HONDAS)

ummm, so like this is real life -- not a video game where you change the color of your bikes and take on sponsors by pressing the button a few times. speaking of sponsors, it's pretty poor form to not be able to spell their name correctly. that's just sad dude. well, all i can say is good luck getting 10,000 points and moving on to the next level in your video game. i'm sure it won't be long since you seem to spend a lot of time at it -- much more so than at your schoolwork or your social skills.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

I second that wrooster, this guy (crf 250f rider) is about as usefull in thumpertalk as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.I also agree with rg3450r, these bikes are all a matter of preference, its not just one is better than the other, they both are top notch machines.

Thumpertalks : How NOT to reply for Dumbies:

Part I

1. DONT USE ALL CAPS

----

So does getting sponsored by Pro circuit make you faster? Or just make you more outstanding. Ohh or is it both? We already know it made you incapable of turning off the Caps lock.

good one ? i dont think the kid races or is sponsored. why is it that teenagers think their bike is the fastest ? one year he has a kawasaki and he thinks its the fastest bike out there. then a couple years later he gets a yamaha and thinks thats the best bike ever and faster than all the rest. but then a couple more years later he gets a honda and ooh its soo much better and faster than all the bikes out. or maybe he is just a honda fan that is jealous of the yamahas. ? anyways go back to the 1st grade and learn how to spell.