Sign in to follow this  

WARNING... junk parts

• Ok, Here are some XR50 parts bought off e-bay that are 100% pure trash. Im posting this so that others will not get taken like my son did.

• Below are videos of the actual parts he sells....

• FORKS...heres a video of the stock XR50 front wheel in the forks and bolted up tight but the brake hub does not catch on the nub like it should. 😢

http://www.grafixxs.com/MX_PHOTOS/Junk_Forks.AVI

• SWINGER...here's a video of the swinger while trying to use the chain adjusters that he sends with the swinger. YES, theres a hole in the swinger that looks like a bolt would go into but theres no threads in it. 😢

http://www.grafixxs.com/MX_PHOTOS/Junk_Swinger.AVI

• The comany name is 50 caliber. He uses 2 names on ebay.. one is minimotorsports1 and the other is minimotorsports2

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=minimotorsports1 😢

Since I'm on dial-up, I will have to make a guess on the swingarm. Assemble the wheel to the axle like you usually would, but run the chain adjuster nut all the way to the axle, add a lock and flat washer, and feed the adjuster into the hole provided.

The run the adjuster nut "forward", to put tension on the chain. Just like my BBR swingarm..........

As far as the forks, Im not going to wait for the download, hope someone else can help.

Robert

Like I said, I was just guessing. Sorry that you got had, and thanks for the warning.

But I still think the chain adjuster is used to push the axle back, using the nut to drive against the end of the swingarm. This is what my BBR swingarm on my XR100 does, and works well.

But, with only the Ebay ad to look at, and the other unknowns of it and quality, i will take your word for it.

Robert

he does have a web site now and it shows how the adjusters work.They do go in the hole just like ob1quixote said.Also you dont use the half moon shape pieces.Go to the 50 caliber site.It says it all.BTW do the forks really have 6 inches of travel?

😢 Thank you, buddy. We need more posts like this on places NOT to buy as much as places that are good.

he does have a web site now and it shows how the adjusters work.They do go in the hole just like ob1quixote said.Also you dont use the half moon shape pieces.Go to the 50 caliber site.It says it all.BTW do the forks really have 6 inches of travel?

Aedwards07, I dont think he will see your post, he's a "hit and run" type. 2 posts, same subject, then disappears.

Whether or not the parts are junk, he actually does a disservice to himself by not backing his claims with more comments. Frankly, the swingarm looks good, and I think Grafixx didnt understand the adjuster, so unless I hear that critical dimensions are wrong, or welds break, or something a little more specific, I have to think that the swingarm might not be junk.

The forks, cant say. I havent been able to download Grafixx' video evidence for either problem. I did see in the sellers feedback {Neg=4, Pos=87} that someone wasnt happy with a rear shock. The rest of the negs were from one person, all about electric scooters.

Hit and run isnt the way to make a complaint, or receive help .

Robert

Aedwards07, I dont think he will see your post, he's a "hit and run" type. 2 posts, same subject, then disappears.

Whether or not the parts are junk, he actually does a disservice to himself by not backing his claims with more comments. Frankly, the swingarm looks good, and I think Grafixx didnt understand the adjuster, so unless I hear that critical dimensions are wrong, or welds break, or something a little more specific, I have to think that the swingarm might not be junk.

The forks, cant say. I havent been able to download Grafixx' video evidence for either problem. I did see in the sellers feedback {Neg=4, Pos=87} that someone wasnt happy with a rear shock. The rest of the negs were from one person, all about electric scooters.

Hit and run isnt the way to make a complaint, or receive help .

Robert

• Hit and run??? I usually hang out at Planet Minis..I posted this here just to warn others robert...😢

• The swinger has 2 problems... 1) the shock mount area is too wide, not that big of a deal. 2) its cheap and VERY weak. It WILL fold before mid summer Im sure of that! I do now understand the chain adjusters but why didnt the guy tell me this BEFORE when I had to call him on the phone about it? I'll tell you why, cuz he didnt know either I dont think.. he must have had to ask someone himself about his OWN product..whats that tell ya?

• And YES, the front shocks came with no oil...I dont consider a teaspoon of oil to be worthy. My biggest yank was the fact of the brake hub not reaching the hub stop nub thats built into the forks... and YES, I installed the wheel correctly,lol.

• The front shocks only have 3" of travel, NOT 6". 😢

• A refund is out of the question at this point..simply because I dont trust the guy now. He's told alot of lies which some can be verified from some planet mini members. I even tried to get the guy to buy the parts back from me off ebay, he said no.

• And the rear mono shock came to us with no nitro in it AND the rebound screw was for looks only, seriously.. it doesnt do a damn thing,lol.

• Class is dismissed, If you have any further questions about these items, buy your own and learn the hard way.😢

Thanks for coming back and explaining further. As you read the posts, I have sympathized with your bad deal. I offered possible help.

I have also seen many posts where folks register here just to complain about a product or seller, and never return.

Nothing personal, but red flags do go up when the first posts are complaints {valid or not}, followed by no response. You came back and responded, I'm cool with that.

Sure wish I could download your vids, takes forever!

By the way, nice graphics work!

Robert