Sign in to follow this  

MAN Does my 1/4 liter thumper love to be Short shifted

I rode my Yami indoors many times but it was my first time riding red indoors last night and man I put it in third and left it there. I had to clutch out of the corners but still it was awsome. So basicaly what im saying is the red bike Has a pretty good midrange. Im sooo glad i sold the yami

Well hey look at that - I feel exactly the same! I take off in first, and then ride it in third / fourth / fifth all the time... except in the sand and super low speed corners! 😢 Glad you like your CRF mate, join the club 😢

Do any of you guys notice that your bike has an off idle bog. When i'm in first or second gear, and going very slow, giving it no gas, go from idle speed and crank the throttle really quick past halfway. It just bogs and goes nowhere, just checking to see if everyone elses does. The dealer says its normal, mx bikes are supposed to be ridden hard, not idled around on. Post feedback please.

I hear that! I got to ride my 250X today in wet, muddy, rooty, wet, rocky, wet, twisty, wet, totally fun trails here in Western Washington.

Before the ride, I cut out the plastic under the snorkel on the air box, and tossed in a 150 main jet (up from 130) moved the needle clip down one level on the needle jet and Yeah!!! the bike pulls third gear out of the Hole!!! damn!! I just put it in 3rd and lugged and ripped it all day .

I Love my X!

-Fiddler 😢

Mike

Try turning out your fuel screw a quarter turn or so.

Fiddler if you don't mind my asking...how much do you weigh ?