Sign in to follow this  

2004 KTM 65 Forks

Ok- I Just Bought Some 04 KTM 65 SX Forks.And A IMS TOP And Bottom Clamps..Anyone Hear That This Set up ACTULY Bolts Up Yo The DRZ 110? The Clamps came with NO Stem though? Can The Stock One Be Reused? Or Do I But An OEM one And Press It Into The New Set??

Well first off are they inverted forks ?? If they are conventional forks and are the same diamiter as the KX65 forks Then get ahold of Don at Pax Racing (818)897-0373 or www.paxracing.com He can get you a set of tripples w/stem that the forks will slide right into 😢 I have a set on my KLX110 with KX65 forks!! Awsome set-up 😢 Good luck

Oh I forgot!!!!! If they are infact inverted then ask Don if he can make you a steering stem for it!! I watched he make one for mine 😢 Good luck 😢 BJ

Wow all I saw was the M from KTM which made me think RM65 forks. I think Pax can do somethign for you still though.

ILOAD2, I saw them on ebay, that's why I was asking if they were inverted or not! I figured you were talking about these!! Anyway,,, I see that the tripples are new & with no steering stem 😢 Well I don't know what state your in, but I would still have to say give Don @ Pax a call to see if he can make a steering stem for you. You might have to send him your tripples so he can get the inner diam. specs & press the stem into the lower tripple. Don is a wizz with a lathe 😢 If anyone can do it, it is him. Give him a call. Good luck 😢

Sorry to tell you but you will not be able to use those triple clamps with that KTM 65 inverted fork. What you bought (fork) was off a KTM 65. You will need to find a supplier that sells triple clamps seperate for the Marazoki KLx 110 set up. You have a lot of $$$ ahead of you. You will need front wheel and hub off KTM 65 front end as I'm not sure if the Marazoki disc set up will bolt to stock KTM 65 front fork legs. Having owned KTM 65's and KlX 110 with KX 65 conversion (in the process of building), I'm thinking the front disc and caliper might not bolt up directly to those fork tubes. The front fork kit you see advertised use similiar Marazoki front fork but with nitride coating and externally adjustable compression and rebound. They tend to include front wheel, disc and triple clamps. I have been told that you can modify fork tubes on your e-bay purchase to accept KX 65 front caliper as this is a more reliable set up.

First thing you are going to need is a triple clamp(that will work on KLX 110) that will accept those KTM (Marazzoki)front forks, than you will need to find front wheel and disc assembly that will work with your KTM forks.

Good luck.

Zen

Hmmm.. The Dood Selling The Clamps Said They Fit On Those KTM65 Forks? I guess the true test will be when they get here-They'll either slide on or they wont....He said he bought them specifficly for use with the forks he sold me with them...

I Magnified the Picture Of the clamps on the auction- They say KTM65 Right On It THEN I cross refferenced the Part Number on the package- They Are In Fact Top And bottom clamps for a 2004 KTM 65SX.. What I need to Know is if a DRZ steering stem will press into the clamps?

If that is the case on triple clamps than you will need to get stem that will press into those clamps and find bearings that will work with stem that you end up using. Your probably better off finding stem off a stock 110 and machining it to fit the triples that you have, this way the diameter is correct to work with the aftermarket bearings available for this bike.

Good luck,

Zen

I looked up where I saw triple clamps that will work with your forks. Big Minis has a triple clamp plus bearings called Big mini pro clamp for Marazzoki fork. $340.00. This could save you a lot of hassles plus they look pretty trick.

Good Luck,

Zen

Like I said give Don @ Pax racing a call, He will be able to help you. The stock steering stem on your DRZ110 is welded to the bottom tripple 😢 (I went through this already) in order to get the stock one out, you would have to put it in a lathe & turn it on bottom to cut the weld off. Then depending on weather or not the new lower tripple is the same diamiter as the stem or not?? Then pressing the stem into the lower clamp & re-welding it in ""STRAIGHT"":excuseme: It is alot of work & skill!!! I think your best bet is to Let Don make you one!! Good luck 😢