Sign in to follow this  

Air filters

I'd say keep the OEM filter. It's paid for and it seems to filter pretty well. Any extra horsepower from an aftermarket filter may come at the expense of dirt being more likely to pass through the filter.

buy whatever is cheaper. I garentee that you will not feel a hp difference.

I personally would buy a uni filter. They are easier to clean. I don't really trust twin airs any more. The foam is very thin.

I bought a UNI and I cant det the damn thing on, it;s just too big!!!

I have enough trouble getting the stock one through the side panel on my X, I'd never something larger in there!

Stock or UNI are my choices. Ready filters are a good filter as well. Durable and great fitting. If taken care of you can get about 10 rides out of them. Just DONT use No Toil filter cleaner on them, the cleaner eats away the filter. For 7 bucks, a pre oiled, durable filter is not a bad choice.

I would not use those ready filters. If a filter sits for any more then two weeks while oiled It will dry out the oil, and therefore not filter very well.

I would not use those ready filters. If a filter sits for any more then two weeks while oiled It will dry out the oil, and therefore not filter very well.

I agree. I bought a couple of those from a guy at the track one day and when I went to put one on, the damn thing just ripped. Thinking it was a fluke, I open the other, go to put it on the screen and RIP! Two in a row. I sent a nasty email to the company and they were nice enough to send me three free "newly designed" Ready Filters. Now they use Maxxis oil and the design is much more sturdy than the original. I went to put one on and it just doesn't seal very well around the air box. I didn't trust it so I gave them all away and stuck with the stock filter.

I have Notoil, Twinair and stock in my spares box. they all do good job of filtering the air. You have to be very precise installing the filter to make sure you have the filter properly seated on the airbox lip, but all of mine seal very well as long as I pay attention

I bought a UNI and I cant get the damn thing on, it's just too big!!!

I have the UNI also, I was able to get it to fit. After 10 minutes of swearing. When I switched it out the only part that was dirty was at the cut out hole in the top of the air box. It is just too big for the air box, for me. I now have 2 stock filters. One in the machine, the other in a plastic bag ready to go on the bike

Stock filters and fits better than any of the aftermarket junk out there right now.The stock is a very good design!!!!!

We've tried evrything.... my advice is to pull the backfire screen out of the oem and run it. Too many people have complained about the Twin Air not seating tightly. These are the same guys who have valves fry valves right away (makes sense -- sucking in dirt when you swear you run a clean tight ship). Aftermarket filters may allow more intake, but make sure you have a tight seal (use Pro Seal or grease)