Sign in to follow this  

Spokane - Winter riding worth driving to?

Hi all-

My buddy and I were thinking about packing up the bikes, the wives and the trailer and heading some place with good winter riding, some time the week after Christmas (we live in Spokane, WA), will probably make a 3 or 4 day trip out of it. We were thinking about Juniper Forest but it doesn't sound like that's going to happen and I have absolutely no other ideas. We're willing to spend a day driving but don't want to drive that far and end up somewhere no better than 7 mile here in Spokane. Neither of us have really ridden dunes before and were thinking that would be cool. The wives don't ride so preferably there would be a city or something close for them to hang out in during the day - this isn't a necessity as they may not come anyway.

Any suggestions regarding good winter riding that's open to the public within a days drive of Spokane would be very much appreciated. Don't know exactly when, or obviously where yet, but if anyone would like to join we're always open - we've only been at this for 2 years so still fairly new to the sport.

Steve

I am off from 12/22-1/2 and am interested in hooking up for a ride with you guys. Our club (PANTRA) is riding Saddle Mtn. near Vantage on 1/14 and 1/15, check out the details at www.pantra.org on the forums. Another idea is Potlatch, ID, though I have not ridden there others say it is a good trail system.

Ryan

If your up for about an 8 hour drive head down to the coast of Oregon. Lot's of riding to do. Couple of trail systems right on the coast and the dunes of course. The women can do the tourist thing in all the coastal towns. Give me a shout if you need a tour guide.

Racinace

If your up for about an 8 hour drive head down to the coast of Oregon. Lot's of riding to do. Couple of trail systems right on the coast and the dunes of course. The women can do the tourist thing in all the coastal towns. Give me a shout if you need a tour guide.

Racinace

i was going to suggest the same thing. might be longer than an 8 hour drive, however.

jeremiah

I just spent 8 hours of my life out in Moses Lake yesterday, and I came away with one strong impression.

WASTE MORE OF MY LIFE OUT THERE!

The place is pretty big, there are hills (small ones) to climb, dunes with drop-offs, water, wildlife, whoops, trails connecting the dunes, and medical facilities are not all that far away. 😢

I had avoided the place before, as I thought it would be too croweded, but that did not seem to be a problem either. For as close as it is to Spokane, it is well worth the effort.

I think my smiling face will be there a little more often.

😢

i was going to suggest the same thing. might be longer than an 8 hour drive, however.

jeremiah

Yeah it's at least 10 from Spokane, even hauling ass.

You know, I have yet to go to ML. I have to do that sometime (soon) this year. Same with Mattawa.