Sign in to follow this  

Crf Trail Tech Flywheel

I just installed my 29oz (+13) Trail Tech flywheel on my 05 CRF250R. First of all, its impossible to torque the flywheel nut, I just had to tighten it with the same air ratchet I removed it with, I'm sure it will be fine. Second, the bike now has a very bad dead spot, bog, cough, burp, whatever you want to call it, right off idle. If I give it some clutch or feather the throttle, its fine and runs great, but as soon as I go back to idle speed and hit the throttle, it bogs and never comes back unless I feather the gas. Has anyone ever seen this before? Any adjustments I can make? I dont want to ride the bike like this.

Thanks 😢

Sometimes a flywheel weight can exacerbate a bog condition, because it takes an extra split second for the engine to speed up and create enough vacume to suck fuel.

We've also just gotten a cold snap in the South East. I had a bog come about this week until I richened the fuel screw about a full turn.

One trick to lock up the engine so you can torque the flywheel nut is to slip some clean rope down into your sparkplug hole. 😢

If you have a welder, you can make a holder which fits into the balancing holes. The holder will be a bar with two approx 1" long diameter prongs welded on.