Sign in to follow this  

initial resistance at throttle

i got this resistance at the thottle when i'm about to crack it open(at 0 throttle)

so when i increase my "twisting" to overcome this resistance, the throttle would suddenly become twisted too much causing the bike to jerk foward...

🤣

i thought it was the throttle cable, so i got a new OEM cable, and even lube it 😢

BUT! problem still persist... 😢😢

have tried adjusting the cable, grease all the joint, bends,etc...

no go... 😢

so now,i got problem with throttle control, especially in a bends, the bike would freak me out when i always crack "too much"..

pls advice 😢

The next thing to manually check would be the throttle tube and the throttle cam and drum of the carb without the cable connected. Work them by hand to try to feel any sticking. If you have bark busters installed, make sure they're not contacting the throttle tube.

Remove the cable,, check for free movement at the carb.. I would guess it is binding in the cable do to routing.. So check that. You can remove the throttle from the bars.. and cable from it's routing path.. give it a straight direct no bend shot to the carb...does it still bind?

This is as simple as it gets, but the same thing happened to me and my grip was too tight against the handle bar. I had fallen and the grip got pushed up and caused the same problem, pulled the grip back into place and voila, no more problem!!! Hope that's all you have to deal with.

i can't feel the different if i just turn the throttle with engine off.

no handguard installed.

guess will check on the bike again later again..

thanks! 😢

bronco, ya naughty boy!! 😢

On many 4-strokes if the idle is turned too low you can feel a throttle resistance right off idle. Lots of guys turn idle down too low after bike warms up. This causes tougher starting plus creates stiffer throttle right off idle. Before you start laughing at this idea you should check it. Had this situation on 93 XR600.

Another item worth mentioning since problem occurs in tight turns is to concentrate more on slipping the clutch. XRs pull so well right off idle that you don't often need the clutch but it can help a lot anyway to smooth out the power pulses.

Sorry if this is all old hat. No disrespect intented.

not worry mate, i'm glad ya bring this out 😢

i also feel abit resistance when the engine has fired up

and the throttle feel easier then it has been shut down

i was at a point of time, wondering if it is the "suction" that causes this

thanks ! 😢

Check the adjustment of your 'push' cable and take the slack out of it. There's a certain amount of inert vacuum in the carb chamber and the vacuum can cause some pressure on the slide that makes it feel like it's binding.

I don't notice it so much on my XR400, but on my older, fresh, XR250 it was quite an ordeal when I installed new cables.