2000 vs 2004

YEah I have a 2000 but an E. I originally wanted a newer one and was going to buy a new 03 at first but then found a used 02 a little cheaper but it was an S. I then found the 2000 thought it was too old so waited a month then called again since it was in a differnt town had my uncle go look at it and ended up buying it. It was basically the same as newer ones but had a lot of aftermarket parts. I love the bike and don't regret getting an older one as I got an awesome deal then got probably $1500 or $2000 worth of aftermarket parts. Bike was also in pretty good shape well very good. With an S I might get the newer though as the forks are better. Although you could probably get the 00 and put RM forks on it. Just make sure you get the manual cam chain tensioner on it and you should be fine with the cam chain.

THanks for the info. The 2000 is $4000 CDN (18,000km), the 2004 is $5200 CND (12,000 Km) and comes with a warrenty which is a moot point since i hear DRZ's are fairly bullet proof....

And the dillema continues...the nice thing about the 2000 is it shouldn't depreciater a whole lot more...if I decide to uprage in a years time.