Sign in to follow this  

Hot off the drawing board from FMF

I wish FMF would spend a bit more energy in getting their products to fit.

What a company! They get wood over a new exhaust "design" yet are too cheap to replace production jigs that are worn out.

My experience is at odds with yours, RC. The six FMF systems I've installed over the years have all fit perfectly. It was a lot of fun getting the Gnarly into place on my CR500, but once it was there, everything lined right up. 😢

Sorry, but knowing FMF it will be 150db. All the R&D goes into deciding what color it gets anodized at the end. They should have learned with the power-bomb that you aren't losing sound by way of the header.

that pipe hes holding looks like something I left in teh crapper this morning...

FMF pipes have never impressed me...performace wise or installation wise...or look wise for that matter. The last FMF pipe I ran was in 96 on a kx250 and it was just like any other pipe...no big deal

That guy needs to put some whazooo technology into some off road pipes that hit 96DB's'...then I will be impressed.

That guy needs to put some whazooo technology into some off road pipes that hit 96DB's'...then I will be impressed.

I hear the Leo Vince full system is doing just that....

sweet! Tell him to keep the muffler tucked behind the side plate like a stock one while he is creating the masterpiece.

another thing about these overpriced exhaust systems...spring for some seamless tubing you cheap bastards...an extra buck isnt much!

Grey, I am talking more about their two stroke pipes. If the bike is over a year or two old, their jigs are all worn out. No two systems fit alike. I bought three at Rocky Mountain before I found one that fit my old YZ 250.

A lot of folks say FMF stands for ...Fit Mo****F***er, Fit!

I still laugh when I think of their SST pipes. Just a couple years ago people were climbing all over each other to get those, they were the blingiest, most ultra cool thing on the planet.

Now that people have finally figured out that they don't work, you never hear anything about them anymore. This looks like a 4 stroke SST to me.

I have to dissagree with you RMX about the SST pipes, i had put one on my rm 125 along with a power core 2 silencer and i was able to tell a huge difference.

FMF is a Joke. I ordered a stainless Powerbomb header a while back to run when I ride dirt (to keep my stocker dent free) When I got it I looked inside with a flashlight. It looked like they took a regular header, cut it in half, slipped both ends of the cut into the "Powerbomb", and welded it up. The ends were touching inside the "Powerbomb"! There was no "Powerbomb" at all, just a piece of oversized tubing acting as a "butt-connector" I sent it back with a long winded letter, never heard from them. Got my money back though. I tried to call them and speak to someone who knows what they are doing, but it turns out that they don't have any.

The powerbomb is the biggest joke ever. Can you believe that when it first came out the claim was that it cut down sound levels? That was the point of the "bomb" in the headpipe. Makes me laugh. 😢

I have to dissagree with you RMX about the SST pipes, i had put one on my rm 125 along with a power core 2 silencer and i was able to tell a huge difference.

You won't find many engine builders that agree with you. And I've never seen one make any bike night and day better than stock. Just my opinion, disagree if you like. 😢