Sign in to follow this  

My XR80 is now a KTM80!!!!!!

Here is a before and after shot of my sons Christmas present. I just got done putting it back together. Graphics are on the way. Just thought I would give you folks something to give me a hard time about 😢 I will post pics of the bike with graphics when I get them on.

15.jpg

14.jpg

why would you do that?

my question exactally. 😢

also how did you do the wheels black with out getting paint everywhere(and again, why paint).

14.jpg

something doesent look right in this pic. I just can't put my finger on it. Is it photo shopped? 😢

I do not know if it is real or not but I think it looks awesome ! Definately will stand out !! The only thing is the oil leek under the 2nd pic would worry me a bit. (unless you have a puppy that just took a wiz or the carb overflowed) 😢

If thats paint you did one hell of a job. 😢 I was thought you found some aftermarket plastic or had some kind of custom job done. It looks brand new! Maybe he just had some extra time to spend in photoshop. 😢

Nice job. I don't care if it's real or fake (it's real), it looks very professional. Great job. 😢

well, if you look at the cases, on the xr they asre really scratched and dull, and on the KTM theyre new and clean

The reflection of the sun really changes everything.

I don't think he is making this up.

Thats an awesome bike..looks 1000 times better than the honda 😢, not that i dont like hondas (cause i have one) but i dont like the look of the 80's / 70's, and you made it look awesome.

Hello everyone, it is definitely real. I just got done bustin by hump to complete it before Christmas. Thanks for all the thumbs up from those who like it. The spot underneath the bike is water. I washed all the stuff underneath the plastic before I put it together. Photoshop, I wish I was that good with photoshop. It would help me in my sign business if I was. Cases: It is the same bike, Honest. It just may not show the scratches at the angle of the second photo. Why: I think the Honda bikes look awesome from the factory. My son has been asking for a KTM for over a year. The riding we do is all trail riding and also around our house. A KTM does not fit the riding we do. So I have converted this one to simulate a KTM. Why Not I say. The wheels: I taped the spokes and the tire before I painted the rim with Heavy duty rustoleum paint. I know it wont last, but I can paint them again. For a full explanation on the paint, check the xr50-200 forum under the title(Can I get orange plastic for 02 XR80?).......... I think that covered all the nay sayers. Merry Christmas folks, and God bless you and your thumper. Jim..

PS, I will post some more pics tomorrow to prove it is not photoshopped. Right now I must go spend time with my kids. Later 😢😢

Also for the nay sayers, check the equivalent wear on the tires, check the renthal handlebar pad(hard to see I know) and look real close on the case, the scratches are there, in the after pic the sun is beaming right on it and making them hard to see. And check out the exhaust. I spray bombed it with high temp black before I dismantled it for paint, it looks the same before and aft.Anyway, I am not taking it personal, Later Yall. Jim

I wasn't criticizing. I really like it. I honestly wanted to know the scoop on the wheels. You have more patience then me taping off all the spokes and what not. you did a great job from what i can see. 😢

My issue with the plastic was because if you look at your pic, there is almost NO dimension or definition on the side panel and shrouds. The look totally flat. thats why I asked. no insult intended.

No offense taken. I am just thrilled at the feedback. I just can hardly wait until Chrismas morning for my 10 y/o to see it. I should have graphics on by then.

11.jpg

13.jpg12.jpg

Dadx5,

Great job,

honestly,,,

My son has been asking for a KTM for about a year and a half, we also ride alot of trails and cross country/enduro type riding,

Recently we just gave him my wife's 03 XR100, (not a scratch on it). and got her a 04 TTR125,

That is a great idea, I showed my wife and she loved it,,,I would be interested in finding out where you got the orange plastics, and if they are available for the 100 as well,?

Great job,

Chem