Sign in to follow this  

Allen Bolt!

Did you strip the head, or the threads of the bolt? If it is the threads, they make re-threader kits, or you might be able to get a one-sized bigger bolt, and get it to work.

If you stripped out the head, do you have a Dremel-type tool? You can carefully cut a slot in it & try a big screwdriver, or if that doesn't work, a hammer and punch. Put the punch against the bolt on the outside of the head, and use the impact to try to turn the bolt & break it loose. Once you get it to move, you should have it made.

You can get yourself a set of those bitchin' left-handed drill bits with easy-outs built right into 'em at Sears. They work great. Most of the time the drill bit itself is what ends up removing the stripped bolt, before it even gets deep enough to use the easy-out part.

Here they are, they call them power extractors.

Power Extractor - Small Set

Power Extractor - Large Set

If the head of it is stripped, you may be able to get a hacksaw blade in there to cut a slot and take out the bolt.

Trick is on getting the oil filter cover (I'm guessing thats what you stripped) loosen the two uper 8mm bolts first, then the allen bolt last.

You might be able to chase the threads on the bolt and the bolt hole. I was able to repair mine with this method. In fact, I changed my oil and checked my filter today. I chased the threads again and it cinched up just fine.