Sign in to follow this  

Do you have to use a fastway counter-sprocket spacer?

I just bought a DID X-Ring chain and was wondering if that fastway spacer is required for the chain not to rub the case?? Please advise. Thanks!

well i've got one ordered but it's on backorder for who knows how long.

so i guess the consensus is that you need some kind of shim/spacer?

well i've got one ordered but it's on backorder for who knows how long.

so i guess the consensus is that you need some kind of shim/spacer?

I needed it...

I use a 60 thousands Valve shim from the local auto supply,They gave it to me. I used it on my 02, and now on my 05. However, toss the 2 piece countershaft tighteners and use the 04 setup. The solid piece will break, leaving you with the outer ring sounding like bells on a sleigh.

well, like I said before...I've already got one on order but it's back-ordered for who knows how long...

ok, thats fair. the shim is for valve springs on an automotive engine. just pick one with the same inside diameter as the outside diameter as your countershaft sprocket. its just basicaly a washer, but valve shim stock for valves on a car is harder than plain stamped steel of a washer. it should be copper in color for 60 thsds, and silver in a 30 thsds. I got mine from a car quest auto parts store.here's just what you need this is the 30thsds, but diameters are right

So if you use a high quality non o-ring chain like the RK gold you don't need to run a spacer and its not gonna rub the case on a 05 450F? Will the non o-ring chain have more side to side flex than the o-ring?

FYI, I just went ahead and ordered one from rocky mountain MC last night. It said they had them in stock so hopefully it will be here next week.

I want to run a 12 tooth countershaft sprocket on an older cr..

Lowering the gearing for tight rough singletracking..The chain rubs the case

when I put the 12 tooth on..If i use this spacer, say .060...Do I need to shim the rear sprocket also?? Or over the lenghth of the chain willl the .060

shim not be a factor..I didnt want to bind the chain or anything like that..

I'm using one also with a DID x-ring. People here in the past have said you can "flip" the sprocket and that will give the clearance you need. I never tried it though.