Sign in to follow this  

MX Pants

😢 I know your going to laugh.. but is there some damned secret in being able to close your Boots over the cuffs of your riding pants!? I look at all the pics of the pros and notice they are riding and even with knee braces on.. and their boots close!!!! I spent 20 yrs in the infantery.. and my legs are sorta large, but not to much.. any advise? tricks? ( we used to get new boots and wet them and wear them dry.. and they would fit well and not blister). can anyone help!? I have Fox Forma Pros... 😢

I don't know about the new Formas, but I had some a few years back and they were the worst pair of boots to break in, I now wear Tech 8s and they are by far the most comfy of any boots I've worn. My Techs have a hard time buckling around my pants with knee pads, so I went with a paintball style knee pad, they are a little less with the protection but fit way better, and my boots buckle up fine now.

I have big calves too and had the Tech 8's. Maybe it's just me but they weren't the way to go for large legged individuals. I have heard and, in the not too distant future will find out for myself, that the Gaerne SG10's provide more leg room and you don't have to fart around with a bootie.

If you don't feel like forking out $300, and who could blame you, are you using some type of knee/shin guard that is making it harder to get them on? If so, try using street hockey knee guards instead. They velcro on and sit above the boot solving that problem.

If not, you just have some huge legs and probably need to go with the Gaernes.

Best of luck. 😢