Sign in to follow this  

Question on How much is to Much.

My dad got a call from a guy selling a 2004 CRF250R for $5000. Is that too much. I havnt seen it or know if anything is wrong with it. But i dont want my dad payin to much on a used bike. If not is there anything he should look for on the CRF to see if anything is wrong.

It sounds high. You could search & find a 04 left over for that kind of $.

It sounds high. he definatley needs to find out what maintenance it's had -- valves? hours? and check for normal usage wear -- chain, sprockets, tires -- are they original? if it was in great shope and maintained, maybe $4,500 depending on what was bolted on to it. You can find new leftovers for the same $. You can get '05's for $5,600. Check out ebay right now, there's a few at auction. Just my 2 cents.

Depending whats it has.no more than 4,500.My buddie just bought an 04 with a ti procircuit full system and PC valve springs for 4,100.In great condition.Basic price should be 38 to 4,100.For some reason dirt bikes do not hold value.

if its used its way too high

if its new then it is still high but just buy like 200 bones

Find out from the guy the reason for him selling it. Then see if he has had any sort of valve problems what so ever and if he has held true to the maintenance schedule. Then see the overall condition of the bike. Check what aftermarket products are on the bike. I still think thats too high. But find out that information and let us know, so we can help guide you in the right direction.

Considering I live in So. Cal... I just bought my 05 CRF 250R a few months ago and my OTD price was 5900. Ive seen the prices of 04's range from 4200-5400. Its all about shopping around. Besides x-mas is coming around. Those that want a new bike NOW may take a lower price than what their asking. Anyways, thats my .02 cents

I got mine new for $5150.00 OTD when the '05s weren't out so 5000 is definitely way high for a used one.

That is too much for an 04 based on that I paid $5300 for a new one in March. Kelly Blue book has retail for $4570 retail and $3270 trade-in for what it is worth.