Sign in to follow this  

Maintence on the WR250F

I have been reading some reviews on the internet about the WR, nearly all of them say that its a great bike, with which i agree. But what most do mention is that its a really high performance engine, which revs near 14,000, so i was wondering how much anual maintence costs, and what sort of maintence needs to be carried out?

I assume like most other four-strokes that the top end needs to be re-built every second yeah, is this the case for this bike?

And every third year the bottom end should be done?

Does anything need to be done the suspensions, chassis, rimes, electic strart? any problems with anything like this, other than genral maintence and oiling?

Thanks

Yeah ive looked through there, its the same as yamahas sort of thing, genralising.

I would like to know what problems people have experienced with there own bikes, what sort of maintence they have had to do, or problems/faults they have had to over come.

just like honda, the yammies had their growing pains too. But they have been dealt with and no longer rear their ugly heads. Yamaha has been amazing in their drive to perfect the 250F's reliability.

I assume like most other four-strokes that the top end needs to be re-built every second yeah, is this the case for this bike?

And every third year the bottom end should be done?

Does anything need to be done the suspensions, chassis, rimes, electic strart? any problems with anything like this, other than genral maintence and oiling?

Thanks

I run mine 2 years and the engines are fine. You need to check the valve clearance but not too often.

My '03 WR didn't have correct valve clearance when new, so I adjusted it. It is still within specs 2 years later.

Change the oil frequently and keep a clean air filter (I use filterskins) and it won't let you down.

1 more thing. Grease it all when it is new before riding. You'll be happy you did.

😢

Yeah ive looked through there, its the same as yamahas sort of thing, genralising.

ok, whatever you think. next time you want concise, accurate, up-to-date, readily-accessible maintenance and upgrade info FOR FREE i'd suggest you go talk to your dealer and their mechanics and see what they'll do for you. 😢

what sort of maintence they have had to do

just do this once a year and your WRF will run forever.

http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/motomisc2/DSC00460_sm.jpg

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

Unless your married cause the divorce will set you back more than a new bike every year for life. 😢😢

Who do you think took the picture 😢

You either have one heck of a garage or a wife that as A LOT of patience... 😢

I think were getting alittle off topisc, dont you?

Any one else having problems with maintence on thier WR250F? Or love the bike becuase it needs such a small amount of maintence?

Any one else having problems with maintence on thier WR250F?

i think you are in the wrong forum. if you want info on problems with a 250cc 4 stroke, head on over to the CRF250 forum. 😢

look, other than the engine, there is NO difference in maintaining a WRF vs a CRF vs a 2 stroke YZ or CR. the suspension, wheels, drivetrain, radiators, chassis, brakes, and so on are all pretty much the same -- and in some cases *exactly* the same. so, for example, the maintenance required on a YZ125 or on a WR250F is the same and you use the same basic processes -- except for the engine.

which brings us to this: everyone agrees that yamaha makes the most durable 250cc 4 stroke engine. as was noted above, you'll need to shim the valves every year or so. VERY FEW YAMAHA 250F OWNERS HAVE EVER HAD TO REPLACE VALVES. that should give you some peace of mind and save you a lot of money in the long haul. keep fresh oil in the cases and a 250F will run a long time without internal work. i happen to have a WRF like this, and many others do as well. i have not had my '01 engine apart. however, i am vigilant about greasing and basic maintenance. i do not feel like pushing my bike 30 miles back to the truck, in my tech8's no less.

so there you have it... 250F ownership in a nutshell:

general maintenance is the same, engine is very reliable.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

Thanks for that wrooster, i had know idea how simular the CRF is to the WR. But still WR for me!

And yes that has given piece of mind your statement.

Now all i need is a WR250F, i am looking to buy my WR around may/june, 2003 or newer, so if any one has one for sale, or will be wanting to sell one around may/june, please add to this thread, PM me, or email me on Jimdarkice@gmail.com

Thanks for that wrooster, i had know idea how simular the CRF is to the WR. But still WR for me!

And yes that has given piece of mind your statement.

Now all i need is a WR250F, i am looking to buy my WR around may/june, 2003 or newer, so if any one has one for sale, or will be wanting to sell one around may/june, please add to this thread, PM me, or email me on Jimdarkice@gmail.com

By the way im in the Uk, and will pay for shipping and any other charges of getting it to me.

Thanks

James