Sign in to follow this  

Weather cover for 'S' anyone

Big blue poly tarp worked for me for awhile it's cheap.

Got one for my goldwing at walmart for $20 it fit good but it's not waterproof.(nylon fabric but it in a garage.)Make sure waterproof cover has vents or something on it to let it get rid of moisture buildup on inside. good luck 😢

I'll try this again. Does anyone Know of a quality motorcycle cover that fits an 'S' decently? I unfortunatly will be storing my bike outdoors for at least the next couple of years!

Go here-->clicky

They don't list the DRZ but the KLR 650 takes a medium. I would get the Guardian® Weatherall™ Plus Motorcycle Cover if you are going to leave it outside. Also, the pictures they show leave the bottom half of the wheels uncovered. If you want it to cover to the ground get a large. Very thick durable cover but if you commute I doubt you will want to fold it up and carry it with you. Used one for my KTM when I had to keep it outside. I was lucky I could put the KTM in the hangar at work.

Then see if TT store has them cheaper, might not since it isn't really a dirtbike type item.

Thanks for your replies guys. I've got RonAyers working on it now.

Keep us posted - I've been using the one I used to use for my SV650, but as it is a race only bike now it stays indoors (mostly - unless it is being trashed at the track... 😢 )

I do need to get one that won't blow off every 5 minutes though

I bought a guardian traveler, but haven't tested it yet, but seems it is the same size for the KLR and most sport bikes. $40 out the door.

I may also get a Full cover, but want to see how this fits first. To at least give me some Bearing.

You guys get something that fits well, post it. My cover is in Texas and I'm in Florida but we'll know by end of month how the traveler fits.

...and it works well, has a big vent too, covere almost every night, and no noticable condensation.

Well Ronayers came through. Just recieved a Guardian G-100(L) and it fits great, covers to the ground,and it has the vent. Ronayers part#105100. 😢

Look into a small storage unit. Most have small units just big enough for a motorcycle and they are not very expensive at all.

Leave it outside and the weather will take its toll...cover or no cover. Period.

Smallest storage unit near me is.......$275.00 mo. 😢 That can cover a lot of weathering. 😢