Sign in to follow this  

Should I wait until 2006?

Do you think Honda will recognize and fix the valve issue by 2006? (its so wide spread). I was going to buy a 2005 X or R for trail riding in Alaska but can wait if I have to ( we can only ride about 5 months out of the year and I have access to a 93' XR250R). We ride too far back in the toolies to have reliability issues. Do you think its worth the wait if I can stand it? 😢

I would actually wait till 07 honda is suposed to come out with fuel injection.I was going to get an 06 but will wait till 07.Unless you have money to burn wait.Or if you really want it treat yourself,It's only money.If you have a bike and are having fun thats all that matters. 😢

Just buy an 05. Stainless steel valves are out and they should fix the problem. The 05's just came out so what are you worried about 07's for? If you keep waiting and looking ahead at later models, you'll never have a bike.

PROBLEM WHAT PROBLEM. mY CRF RUNS GREAT AND i HAVE ABOUT 25 HOURS ON IT (ALL TRACK) AND VALVES ARE ALL IN SPEC!!! aN NO OIL BURNING ,BU THERE ARE SOME OUT THERE WHO ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WHICH I FEEL BAD FOR BECAUSE IT IS A GREAT BIKE AND IT IS CAUSING THEM TO SPEND MORE TIME ON THE STAND THEN ON THE TRACK.

i have yet to see any post with valve problems (on the 05), feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

david

Wait until 2010 or 2011......I heard from a good source that the X will have plasma/proton drive that will eliminate all the valve problems.

agreed, just buy an 05 whatever and ride

don't wait for new technology, ride today and smile today.

Wait until 2010 or 2011......I heard from a good source that the X will have plasma/proton drive that will eliminate all the valve problems.

😢😢

I've said it before and i'll say it again, it's not a VALVE problem, it's a valve SPRING problem. Spend the $130 on some stiffer springs and shut up everybody.

I feel like a scratched CD but here it goes anyways and again.

I have not had a valve (or spring) or oil burning problem. I race hare scrambles, a lot of trails and also moto. Have a lot of miles and a lot of hours on the bike.

2004 CRF250X - No oil burning and no valve problems, trail tech computer says 1400 miles, NO VALVE PROBLEMS!!! 😢

2004 CRF250x

2005 CRF50

It seems wierd to me... go to KTMtalk.com and if someone says a negative comment about KTM, everyone jumps on him, ties them to the stake and lights the fire.

On this site... say something good, and you get jumped on!! 😢 how bizarre...

So far 35 hours, all is 100% (yes I know... it is just a matter of time... guess what we will all die too... it is just a matter of time...)

its so wide spread

You can't really tell how widespread an issue is by reading online posts. To be sure, some have had to replace valves, but not everyone. Time will tell. And if there is a wide-spread issue, there will be a mass-produced fix at a reasonable cost. That's the free-market at work.

If you keep waiting, you'll wait your riding days away. Get the '05, then upgrade to a fuel injected VTEC version in about 5 years 😢 .