Sign in to follow this  

Carb Question-Is Doc an BK still Correct?

I grew tired of my RFS and got lucky. I found a Brand New 02 YZ250f packed away in a garage and got it for a good price.

I owned an 01 WR and the AP was about 3 seconds, did teh BK and it ran great, this bike is about .0003. Is the DOC and BK still the best way to fix an 02 AP squirt? And does the DOC mod wear out he AP diaphragm?

Leave the Doc mod to the magazine editors.

The correct way is (and always has been) through proper selection of the leak jet and the diaphram. Just like jetting for a particular area, the AP squirt may need to be tuned.

Late edit. No offense to those that performed the bk mod. It did serve it's purpose for (well one guy at least that was selling it) until the fact that the AP was so inherently programmable was realized.

Well, the BK mod was never actually sold and it served many people very well. There is still one major advantage to the BK mod, it is tunable and adjustable on the fly, just like the fuel screw.

With that said, most of us have been able to cure the off-idle bog through leak jet and AP diaphragm changes. See the following links for all the info:

www.thumperfaq.com/ap.htm

www.thumperfaq.com/ap_mods.htm

I did the BK mod on an 03 and it works great. The leak jet mod sounds good, but with the BK mod you can tune it for any weather condition. Just turn the screw in or out. 😢