Stopping in nuetral?

Hello

Hey guys I have a really simple question and I'm positive you helpful people at TT would tell me the answer ? Anywho, I ride an XR-100R and I'm still getting the hang of shifting properley. My question is, Do I have to put the bike in neutral when I come to a full stop when I want to turn off the bike? Will it hurt the bike a lot if I do not leave it in neutral? Thanks ahead of time ?

You won't hurt anything, most people leave it in gear. pkley brings up an excellent point, just ask the guy who parked his quad on a hill for a second opinion. It's the funniest thing in the world when it rolls away from you (as long as you're not the owner of the vehicle ? )

Ok, this is my brother. I keep telling him to learn to shift rather than getting around it. Is it really too much to ask? Learning to shift properly is a must when it comes to manual bikes, imo.

I don't see what "learning to shift properly" has to do with leaving your bike in gear when you stop. ?

My KTM is easier to kick over in neutral when it's cold. That's the only reason that I shift into neutral. ?

So long as your petcock is an on/off style and not vacuum operated, leaving the gas "on" will flood the carb, then you get to spend a half hour kicking it over with the throttle W.F.O 'till it's dry. It's good habit to turn the fuel off - so start now.

Just did...thanks a lot. Any other tips, tricks?

Learn to do your own repairs (Get a service manual). Trust me.... the mechanics at PoDunk Power Sports are not going to be there to help you when you break down on the trail.

Also if you are one to let your bike sit for a week or two without running it. It would be worth your while to invest in a product called Sta-Bil The use of this one inexpensive product can save you tons of trouble down the road.

Other than that keep your oil and air filter clean. Throroughly inspect your bike before and after every ride and DO NOT skimp on the important stuff.

Other than that wear your protective gear and ride as much as possible.

I didn't understand what Squidward meant, was that supposed to be a joke? As for Sta-Bil I will be purchasing some sometime this week. I usually clean my bike after every ride. I also always wear my full gear. I used to ride a streetbike so I have a lot of gear. Anyone wanna see my crashed bike?