Sign in to follow this  

Apple Valley To Randburg Ride, 1/15/05

I'll be hosting a fun/challenging dualsport ride from my house in Apple Valley Ca. to Randsburg Ca. and back on January 15th and have decided to toss out an invite to the TT crew to join our Hi Dez/ 100's MC posse.

The ride will be at least 160 miles in length, and will take 8-9 hours with an hour for lunch and fuel stop in Johannesburg. You should be at least an intermediate type rider that can travel a long distance at a moderate "gentlmans pace". You will need to have a fuel range of at least 80 miles, and be able to fix a flat on the trail or at least carry tools and supplies to do so. The ride will be about 25% road and pavement, with lots of sandwash, single track and jeep roads making up the rest of the ride.

We'll be on the road no later than 7:30 and should return at dusk.

This will be a follow the leader type ride (me), and I promise an absolutely epic ride. I have over 25 years experience riding, racing, and guiding in the high desert.

Anyone interested?

if you still hava room, please count 2 more riders,both on 05 wr450, s. we live in ventura you can call 805 985 9360 or email directions,sounds like a great ride Terry Nicholsundefined

if you still hava room, please count 2 more riders,both on 05 wr450, s. we live in ventura you can call 805 985 9360 or email directions,sounds like a great ride Terry Nicholsundefined

Terry,

Yes I have room. Are your bikes plated? If not i can have you stage at an area about 15 minutes from my house, we can pick you up on the way out of town. I can't modify the route, and it has a few miles of public highway that is very rural.

Glenn

Surfdog,

Is your ride still on for the 15th. I have an '04 ktm 450exc. The tank size is only 2.2 gals. I thought I might be pushing it to make 80 miles, but we rode today in the high desert, 48 miles, and I only used 1.2 gals. I could not believe it when I filled the tank. That comes out to 40 mpg. 2.2x40=88 miles.

Has anyone else got that kind of milage? Can we plan on some technical riding to keep our interest up or alot of fire roads and pavement.

Thanks, Mule

Surfdog,

Is your ride still on for the 15th. I have an '04 ktm 450exc. The tank size is only 2.2 gals. I thought I might be pushing it to make 80 miles, but we rode today in the high desert, 48 miles, and I only used 1.2 gals. I could not believe it when I filled the tank. That comes out to 40 mpg. 2.2x40=88 miles.

Has anyone else got that kind of milage? Can we plan on some technical riding to keep our interest up or alot of fire roads and pavement.

Thanks, Mule

Please be advised that this is a ride that will have as much trail I can muster up for the planned route.In fact, some people will feel that it has too much trail. The route will be at minimum 160 miles, hopefully nor more than 80 miles between gas. As far as you and your buddies stock tanks go, I can't aloow you to come along unless you each bring a minimum of one gallon of gas with you. I can't plan a route around the only two guys that have stock tanks. not trying to be a butthole but it's the way it has to be!! I would also expect you to have the tools and supplies with you to fix a flat on the trail if the need arises.

This is going to be a long ride at a moderate pace that will also include alot of sand. The return leg will have the more demanding trail sections.

If you two are still interested, you are the last guys I'll accept for the ride.

By the way, we ride at 7:30, you can't be late.

Glenn

Sorry folks but this ride is closed to any additional paticipants. The size of the group already confirmed is getting close to being a little toobig.

Thanks for the interest.

Glenn

Glenn,

Thanks, we will be there. I have the gas covered. PM me on where to meet up. Looking forward to it, and it looks like we will get a break in the weather.

Mule

Sounds like a fun time for all!!!!!!!!!! I will be out camping with family and friends teaching my 10 year old daughter how to use a clutch on her new CRF 80. Here goes the learning curve again!!! I think we will take a family group ride into Randsburg and say hello to your group, what time do you expect to be in town? I am sure someone owes me a BEER!!!!!!!!!😢

Dang, I saw this post too late.

I'm riding in Arizona that weekend anyway.

You guys are in for a great ride.

The desert will be perfect after all this rain.

Glenn,

I have a DRZ 400E now, so I might be able to keep up.

I'll watch for your next ride.

Randy

Went riding this afternoon in the rain. The conditions are absolutely great. Some sections are muddy and slick but mostly the traction is fantastic. We don't get this often around here (Ridgecrest) so I'm going to take advantage of it. May call in sick..........!