Sign in to follow this  

new piston.

ok guys since im getting my head ported this winter and while im down that deep in the motor im just going to get a new piston and rings for the new season coming up.

so i was wondering should i get a high compression piston from wiseco or just a reg piston from them..

what would the high compression piston do for that a reg wisco piston would not ,with the porting and polish job done.

where would i notice the power and how much of a notice..

O yea the bike is a 04 yz250f

thanks mike.

I think most like the +0.75 Wiseco piston. It does not require that you run race fuel. I beleive with the +1.2 you need to run race fuel. Not sure. I am also not sure where the power gains are. You can pick these up on ebay all the time, complete with gaskets and rings, for around $130.

I think most like the +0.75 Wiseco piston. It does not require that you run race fuel. I beleive with the +1.2 you need to run race fuel. Not sure. I am also not sure where the power gains are. You can pick these up on ebay all the time, complete with gaskets and rings, for around $130.

how do i no what size piston i can go up to without running race fuel. if 0.75 is not the largest i can go.

ALSO will a high compression piston make my bike harder to start. ( i like the 1 or 2 kick start if i fall in the middle of a race, i dont want to be sitting there for kicking it 4 or 5 times to get it to start.

thanks mike